Sam Smith @ World Market- 3 btls + glass for $8.88

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

JaySchafer

Sam Smith @ World Market- 3 btls + glass for $8.88

Post by JaySchafer »

Guys,

Larry mentioned last night that World Market had some decent prices on a set of Samuel Smith beers with a glass included. I was there buying coffee a few minutes ago (aside: great store brand coffee, 24 oz for $8.79, and with their loyalty program you get a coupon for 1 bag free for every 3 bags you buy on Wednesdays) and found that the set has been marked down to $8.88, from $10.99 originally.

I'm a big fan of Sam Smith's beers, and their bottles are about as sturdy as you can find (I weighed a few a while back, and believe they came in at around a pound EMPTY; seems like definite overkill for their lightly carbed beers).

In any event, the set includes (3) ~500mL bottles: Nut Brown, India, and Oatmeal Stout. Also includes a Sam Smith labeled glass that's pretty nice. IIRC, Sam Smith runs $3 or $4 a bottle at Kroger etc, so if you like Sam Smith this set would save you a few bucks plus give you a free glass.

Just figured I'd give y'all a heads up on this one. Get to World Market ASAP if you're interested, as my guess is that this is the remnant of a Christmas promo and that once it's gone, it's gone.

There's also a $10 off $30 coupon for World Market on their web site, but it doesn't apply for alcohol. :-(
BigWally

Re: Sam Smith @ World Market- 3 btls + glass for $8.88

Post by BigWally »

Those Brits like the heavy bottles for the pub fights.
Mike Grover

Re: Sam Smith @ World Market- 3 btls + glass for $8.88

Post by Mike Grover »

...and soccer matches.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright