We Got Our Butts Kicked

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Bill Lawrence

We Got Our Butts Kicked

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well, the Limbo is a done deal and everybody had a good time. Thanks guys for running a great competition. Of course, we got slapped around like a red-haired step child by our friends in the south in our own competition. Those guys make good beer and richly deserve to win however, we pretty much got violated in our own backyard, not good. I am partially to blame, I entered only four beers and frankly, I knew one or two of them were iffy as I was doing some experiementing when I made them. Next year, I plan to gear up for this event and stop screwing around. Not that it will guarantee anything but at least after getting pounded, I can at least say I put up a better fight. On a positive note, at least we got beat by some of the best talent in the state and I think that the level of competition was higher this year if that makes anybody feel any better. Also, the score sheets I got back were fair so hopefully all the contestants will feel their efforts were judged fairly and hopefully enter again in the future. Anyhow, everybody needs to buckle down next time so this doesn't happen again, I say we take our revenge at the Bluebonnet. As an aside, I am sure Brother Townsend is preparing his rant for the next meeting as I write this so be prepared.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
Guerra

Re: We Got Our Butts Kicked

Post by Guerra »

Bill can you count?

NTHBA garnered the most points at the 2010 Limbo with 28 Points. So I would not say: "We got our butts kicked." We won the event, but it was like a bad Cowboy Game. We will take the "W" but it was not pretty.

We still held our own. But we did not dominate as we had in events past. That tells me that the event is getting more popular around the LSC and the competition is getting better.

I calculate the points awarded to each club (pending review):
2010 Libo Results by club.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
Bill Lawrence

Re: We Got Our Butts Kicked

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Naturally, I didn't bother to count but on the other hand I expect us to dominate. Said another way, I guess my standards are higher :D . Anyhow, we should work for domination, not just holding our own. Besides, the profit margin on the competiton will be higher to the extent we don't have to pay for shipping all that glassware south.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer