Bluebonnet Brew-Off Planning Committee

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Bluebonnet Brew-Off Planning Committee

Post by Mike Grover »

Even though we are still sweltering in the middle of another Texas summer, it is already time to start thinking about the BBO. More correctly, I should say the 25th Anniversary BBO! We held an initial planning meeting on Sunday, July 18th at Uncle Buck's in Grapevine. My primary goal was to find out which members of last year's committee were interested in holding the same position on this year's committee. Here is a rundown of the spots that have already been filled. A (?) after the name means that person previously expressed interest (or at least was accused of expressing interest) in that position:
- Director: Mike Grover
- Assistant Director: Fred David (wearing his Red River Brewers hat, as they are the host club for 2012)
- Head Judge: Melinda Beyer
- Head Steward: Don Trotter (?)
- Beer Wrangler: Brian Beyer (with assistance from Jimmy Orkin and Matt Wilson)
- Hotel Contract Coordinator: Richard Dobson
- Treasurer: Brian Schoolcraft
- Raffle Coordinator: Kelly Harris
- Stein Coordinator: Steve Hacker
- Pub Crawl Coordinators: Jamie Kirmser/Brad Berven
- Tchotchke Coordinator: Dave Girard (tasting glasses, hats, t-shirts)
- Registration Coordinator: Carolyn Hacker
[CONTINUED]
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Re: Bluebonnet Brew-Off Planning Committee

Post by Mike Grover »

- Judging Meal Coordinator - James Dorman
The rest of these positions are either unfilled or I have not verified them:
- Website/Data - Nick Goodman (?)
- Case Coordinator - (responsible for rounding up case boxes to be used for login, flight sorting, etc.)
- Awards Coordinator - (we already have medals for this year, but will need to procure ribbons)
- Program Editor - (puts together the programs that are handed out to registrants)
- Hospitality Room Coordinators - John Shank (?) (this is a pretty big job - we need at least 2-3 from NTHBA)

That's where we stand so far. If you are interested, please contact me or respond to this thread. We are building a Yahoo Group for the committee participants, and will be adding to it over the next week.

THE NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING IS ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 22nd, 13:00 AT UNCLE BUCK'S (HWY 121 & Bass Pro Drive in Grapevine - next door to Outdoor World)

If you are interested in supporting the event but not ready to commit to one of the roles listed above, come anyway. There are lots of ways you can help and all of the official committee members need assistance to make things go smoothly. I hope to see many of you there!

Mike Grover
2011 Bluebonnet Brew-Off Director
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Reminder:

The next Bluebonnet Planning Committee meeting is this Sunday, September 19th at Uncle Buck's in Grapevine. The meeting starts at 13:00 - meet early at the bar for a pint or two.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

The November Bluebonnet Brew-Off Planning Committee meeting is this Sunday, the 14th at 13:00. As always, we meet at Uncle Buck's in Grapevine (HWY 121 & Bass Pro Drive). Come early and have a beer or two in the bar before the meeting!
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

The usual monthly reminder: BBO Planning Committe meeting this Sunday, December 12th at Uncle Bucks at 1:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

This may not be the place to ask and maybe its just not active yet but I cannot find a link to register for attending the Bluebonnet. Can somebody point me in that direction.

On another note, I will be in town sometime on Thursday right after lunch the day before the event starts so if you guys need help hauling stuff around or loading or unloading raffle stuff, etc please let me know. I may not be an official member of the NTHBA but I am still a member at heart. :D
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

If all goes well, registration will go "live" tomorrow (Friday).