Cactus Challenge and Limbo Challenge entries now open

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

ssage21

Cactus Challenge and Limbo Challenge entries now open

Post by ssage21 »

Entries now open for the 2010 Cactus Challenge http://www.ale-iansociety.org/cactus/ and the Limbo Challenge http://www.limbocomp.org/

I would assume that the normal drop-off locations would apply (Home brew Headquarters or The Wine Makers Toy Store) and that the Cactus Challenge entries should be fully packed, labeled and ready to be shipped to Lubbock, TX before the deadline in less than two weeks :!:

I would also assume that the limbo challenge will probably be picked up my club members and taken straight to the event on or before August 6th.
Jimmy Orkin

Re: Cactus Challenge and Limbo Challenge entries now open

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

For the Limbo:

The drop off locations are: Homebrew Headquarters, Wine Maker's Toy Store and Fort Worth Homebrew. The last day for drop off at FWHB is Thursday, August 5. For the HBHQ and WMTS will will pick up on Friday August 6.

Login will occur on Saturday August 7. Anyone helping with Login at Fred David's house is welcome to bring their entries to login.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
ssage21

Post by ssage21 »

Don’t forget, if your second hobby after brewing beer is procrastination, it may take more time then you think to register label and pack your entries, not to mention finding the time to go to the Packing Party http://www.nthba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=894 Monday night or drop it off at one of the many convenient drop off locations.

They usually ship the entries the day after the packing party, so this is your last weekend for the Cactus Challenge.
The Limbo Challenge entries are due in on Friday August 6th.

Don't wait, enter now.
JalaPeno

Post by JalaPeno »

Results for the Cactus Challenge are posted

www.ale-iansociety.org/cactus

Thanks NTHBA.
Thank you Steve, Fred, Doug and Tom.
You guys are great and have me wanting to change some vacation days to attend the Bluebonnet.

Also, I have the NTHBA ribbons from after the awards ceremony and will send them UPS (not Fedex) :lol:

Jerry
jlavin

Post by jlavin »

I finally recieved my score sheets for the Cactus Challenge. Surprisingly, I got some decent scores even though we had so much trouble getting our entries shipped. I figured my entries probably had be ruined with all of the back and forth in the 100+ degree heat.
Jim Lavin
ssage21

Post by ssage21 »

Did anyone get a prize from them yet. Scott and I got a first place and I know one other person got a 2nd or 3rd place.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I got my scoresheets and a ribbon for third place about 3 weeks ago.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022