Packing Party June 21st.

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brian B

Packing Party June 21st.

Post by Brian B »

The packing party for the Lunar Rendezbrew will be Monday June 21st at the Wine Makers Toy Store. The Packing party will start at 6pm. Scott will have the packing supplies to pack your entries. If you are going to drop off your entries you must have them packaged ready to ship. The Wine Makers Toy Store is located at 1300 N. I35E, Suite 106 Carrollton TX 75006 and the phone number is 866-417-1114.

Brian Beyer
ssage21

Re: Packing Party June 21st.

Post by ssage21 »

For some reason I thought the packing party was at somebody’s house on Friday June 25th at 6pm.

I guess we missed the drop-off date and we can't drop off at Homebrew Headquarters anymore?

Please provide more information.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Brother, sorry you missed it. It was announced at the club meeting two weeks ago and on the forum last week.

The pallet is going out today to make sure it gets to the Houstion delivery site by Friday. The Lunar deadline is the 26th at noon. We have to have our entrys there by then.

You could have dropped off at HBHQ prior to Monday and we'd have collected them and packed them on the pallet with the rest of the entries. If you're going to enter, you'll have to ship them to arrive in Houstion NLT noon on Saturday the 26th of June.

We alway try to facilitate the entry into competitions by providing free shipping but we can only do it in one coordinated effort.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

To all who wish to join our fight to compete with other clubs in the Lone Star Circuit. I emplore you to visit this forum often and read the posts here.

I have had a couple of you tell me that you werent aware of or prepared for this packing party. I fail to understand that when I announce it at the club meeting on the 8th, posted it Here on the 9th of June and then Brian graciously posted this thread for me on the 18th while I was at the NHC.

That's 12 days forum notice of this packing party.

I understand that some of you can't make the meetings which is exactly I always post the Competitions address I present to the club the day after the meeting.

I want to help you compete but I'm stopping short of calling each person in the club to notify personally, or holding multiple packing parties, or requesting that the club pay for multiple shippings because someone didn't read the forum or come to the club meetings, or comunicate with others who would know. This is important, you need to do your part if you're going to compete. "Competion is best when ordinary people put forth extraordinary effort." It takes a little effort but the rewards are worth it.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Oh boy we've done it now, Scott is all lathered up. We are for sure going to get "fire and brimstone" from the bully pulpit at the next club meeting. You guys need to pay close attention to the monthly sermon or at least read the text in these forums. For you married guys, it is sort of like listening to your wife, you can tune her out but you damn sure better at least appear to be listening, or else. As an act of contrition for the transgressors, I would suggest volunteering to judge in the next club-only competition. Scott can be a stern taskmaster but I think you will find he is also forgiving once penance is complete.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
ssage21

Post by ssage21 »

Sorry I missed this tidbit of information between your club congratulations and thoughtful quotes. I do appreciate Brian for all his work trying to get these entries together and shipped.

I don’t think anybody is asking you to go out of your way by doubling up the packing parties or pay for multiple shipping, I would hope that you would “communicate with others who would know.” I guess nobodies asked you to create a new forum thread for a competition more than two days before you need to drop them off either.

And you are right, it’s seems obvious that I don’t have what it takes to compete if I don’t check the message board every day, let alone if my craft is up to par or not. I will take full responsibility for my errors.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Sage, please understand that you are not the only one and I fully apreciate you stepping up accepting responsibility. Well done Sir! I would argue that you do indeed have what it takes as a brewer to compete. It's just the planning that we need to work on. There are others who have contacted me about this claiming to be "blindsided" All I can say is BS!

Any club member wishing to take advantage of the clubs competition benefits must take it upon themselves to keep informed. That means comming to club meetings, or reading the forums, or even contacting me directly at [email protected]
Scott Townson
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I would like to remind everyone that each newsletter has information on how to contact each officer. If you have a question you are welcome to contact us personally or put a question here on this forum.

Just remember that we do have jobs that can sometimes be very demanding. We work hard to keep everyone informed.
Leroy
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

For those that had trouble knowing when the packing party was, what notification process would have worked better for you.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022