June Club Meeting Competitions address

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

June Club Meeting Competitions address

Post by Brewboy »

As always in case you missed last nights meeting. We had a good turn out with new faces, tasty brews and good conversation.

Here's what I presented:
June Club Meeting Address

Let me start off by giving a great big hoorahh for those bold brave souls that entered into the Celtic. We had a good turnout for this event contributing significantly to the record 312 overall entries for the event.

The North Texas Homebrewers that placed in this event are as follows:

English Bitter – Kelly Harris and Don Trotter – 3rd place
Scottish Ale – Cameron Mathews – 2nd place
Stouts – Cameron Mathews – 3rd place
English IPA – Leroy Gharis – 2nd place
Scott Townson – 3rd place
Celtic Lager – Kelly Harris and Don Trotter – 3rd place
Cider – Cody Gray – 1st place
– Kelly Harris and Don Trotter – 2nd place
Melomel – Scott Townson – 1st place
Wayne Yandel – 2nd place
Wayne Yandel – 3rd place
Other Mead – Wayne Yandel – 1st place
Wayne Yandel – Best of show

We scored a total of 25 points with only the Austin Zealots earning a point more. We are still in 2nd place but only 3 points behind the Zealots. We can beat these guys, just keep brewing your best and keep entering.

The Lunar is our next competition with a deadline of the 25th of June. We will have a packing party for this event on Monday the 21st of June. I don’t yet have a location for this as my house is just too far away. If you can help us out with this packing party, please get with me later tonight. I’ll post up the location on the competitions forum when I get the details worked out. (Brian Beyer graciously voulenteered the Wine Makers Toy Store as the location) If by chance you can’t get make it to the packing party, please drop your packed ready to ship entries at Homebrew HQ or the Wine Makers Toy Store NLT Sunday the 20th of June.

Please keep in mind that the Limbo and the Cactus are close behind with entry dates of July 19 through August 5th.

As always, I like to leave you with a quote to ponder: Today I’ll leave you with two!

Colin Powell said:

“The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.”

By contrast, Fidel Castro once said:

“I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition.”

Wow, let that sink in for just a minute.

Would you choose to follow the ideals of Fidel Castro or would you choose to support our American way of life?

Once again, the healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.

Are you willing to put forth above average effort? We as a club can succeed in winning the Lone Star Circuit this year. It’s within our grasp. All we have to do is step up and take it.

As for me, I think we ought to do it!

So get a grip, gird your loins stiffen those upper lips, and dig for victory! That my friends requires effort.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!