All American Brew Off in July

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

kingsbrew

All American Brew Off in July

Post by kingsbrew »

I am posting this for Steve Arnold, president of River Valley Ale Raisers. Steve is a former member of NTHBA. He told me about this at the Bluebonnet. It's not part of LSC but they are not too far away, Ft. Smith, AR. I'll also get this in the May newsletter. I think its a great theme.

ANNOUNCING

THE ALL AMERICAN BREW OFF

Hosted by the River Valley Ale Raisers in Fort Smith, Arkansas

You and your brewin’ buddies are cordially invited to send us your beers for impartial high quality judging, prizes, and bragging rights. This is a BJCP sanctioned event.

Categories: It’s simple. Anything American. If it has “American” or “California” in the name, we’ll judge it and reward the best. (Lite Am Lager, Standard Am Lager, Premium Am Lager, Classic Am Pils, Dark Am Lager, Am Wheat or Rye, California Common, APA, Am Amber Ale, Am Brown Ale, Am Stout, Am IPA, Am Barleywine). We reserve the right to combine categories as appropriate. We will use BJCP Style Guidelines 2008 version.

When: Start brewing now. Entry deadline will be July 10th, 2010. Awards ceremony is July 24th in Fort Smith, Arkansas. We’d love to have you join us for the ceremony/party.

Rules: Standard competition rules, $7/per entry, 3 bottles, yada, yada. See http://rivervalleyaleraisers.blogspot.com/ for more details.

Where to ship beers:
Wine Maker’s Gallery
4100 Planters Road
Fort Smith, AR 72908-8440
(479) 646-4164

Who to call with questions: Steve Arnold, President, River Valley Ale Raisers 479-459-1749.

Please remember, it is your patriotic duty to send your beers to this competition. Answer the call! This may be your best shot this year to serve your country! Don't let it slip away!
Leroy