Friday at Bluebonnet

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

ClayMahone

Friday at Bluebonnet

Post by ClayMahone »

who's doing what on Friday? anybody going at 1, or do people ussually trickle in around banquet time? what's the hospitality suite for?

Friday, March 19, 2010
1:00 pm Banquet check-in/reception
1:30 pm - 6:00 pm Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite open
1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Second Round Judging - 1st Session
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Banquet and Keynote Speaker
8:00 pm - 10:30 Commercial Beer Tasting
10:30 pm - 12:00 Room Crawl
Clay Mahone
2010 NTHBA Minister of Education
kingsbrew

Re: Friday at Bluebonnet

Post by kingsbrew »

I should be there by 1:00. Will probably judge a flight at 1:30. If not, I'll be in the Hospitality Room.
Leroy
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

I'm checking in to the hotel tomorrow evening. I'll be there to help out in any capacity I can through out the set-up.

Friday, judging and socializing. Clay, if you can come early do it and lend a hand. Bluebonnet is here!
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

ClayMahone wrote:what's the hospitality suite for?
The hospitality suite is a room where they serve "commercial beer" and folks socialize between activities.

FYI, it has not been discussed yet, but in past years, we can only bring/drink homebrew during the room crawl and awards ceremony. On more than one occasion I have been asked to take my homebrew upstairs and not drink it in the hospitality suite. I think it is because of “state law”.

I plan to be there around 1pm.
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

If I remember correctly, we set up the club keggorator sometime before 5:00pm last year. Actually, if you look at the schedule of activities, there is really not that much time to set stuff up if you don't do it early and also plan on going to the opening dinner (and you really should eat something before the festivities start). There was a rather large crowd in the hospitality room so we deemed it necessary to "test" the setup to make sure everything was working properly (and we tested extensively as we didn't want any malfunctions during the event itself). I don't remember anybody really giving us a bad time, although we probably would not have paid too much attention if they had. My understanding is that Walter and Bryan are going to drag the keggorator and bar over to the hotel and I just can't see those two doing all that work without reaping the benefits thereof in the form of instant gratification.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
ClayMahone

Post by ClayMahone »

ok, i should be there about 1. if anyone needs help with set up or whatever, give me a call 214-263-4455.
Clay Mahone
2010 NTHBA Minister of Education