3/16 Packing Party for Alamo City Cerveza Fest

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

3/16 Packing Party for Alamo City Cerveza Fest

Post by Brewboy »

Attention: Kimberly Rhea has graciously offered to host the packing party for the ACCF. Kim thanks so much for your support, it’s greatly appreciated!

I do hope that you’re entering this, the second competition event of the Lone Star Circuit. You can register for the event Here beginning tomorrow the 6th of March.

The packing party will take place between on Tuesday the 16th of March between 6:00 and 8:00 PM at Kimberly Rhea’s house. MAP You are encouraged to take advantage of the free shipping that the club offers for Lone Star Circuit competitions. Please bring your pre-registered and labeled bottles to the packing party. The Club will provide packing materials and shipping to get your entries to the competition. You are expected to pack your own entries with the materials we provide.

Please review this thread: Packing Party Rules

If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
truckpoetry

Re: 3/16 Packing Party for Alamo City Cerveza Fest

Post by truckpoetry »

Hey Scott,

Quick Question - if we end up unable to attend the packing party and packing them ourselves, will the club still pay shipping as it did last year assuming we drop them off labeled and ready to go? If so, what's the rule on that? Drop off somewhere by some date fully packed?

Thanks!
Cameron
Cameron Mathews
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Yes!

If you can't make the packing party then you must drop off your entries at HBHQ or the Wine Maker's toy store packed and ready to go no later then the next day. So in this case NLT Wednesday the 17th.

Packed and ready to go means that you must have bottle labels on all bottles, a registration form, and payment or payment information in each and every box you pack.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

TTT. Reminding everyone.
Leroy
ssage21

Post by ssage21 »

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Each entry for the competition must consist of three (3) bottles. To ensure the anonymity of entrants, bottles must meet the standard AHA National competition requirements. Every bottle must be 10 to 14 ounces in volume, brown glass, and free of raised-glass or inked brand-name lettering and paper labels.
Are they real sticklers about the raised glass, 1/3 of my bottles having some sort of recycled glass with a raised logo of some sort? The green bottles I'll just have to leave at home for the next event.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

If that's what it's in, go ahead and enter it. Raised glass is usualy accepted these days, just no sticky lables and no maked caps. I always see green glass in judging as well and no points are detracted but comments may be made.
Scott Townson
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Thanks to Orlando for posing the question to the Bexar Brewers. Fears now eased, they will accept the recycled bottles.
As we are in the middle of the entry period we cannot change the rules at this time. However, we will not enforce the bottle standards rule except in egregious cases, ie, if someone enters a bomber, swing top, caged champagne bottle, etc.. Therefore the “Recycled, nationally distributed bottles with formed-in-glass designs or lettering” will be eccepted at ACCF 2010. I hope this eases your fears.

Sincerely,

Ben Bunker
Scott Townson
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

FYI, I sent in a follow-up question re: "Green Bottles". Scott or I will post there reply.
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"