May CoC question

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

truckpoetry

May CoC question

Post by truckpoetry »

So - I had already asked a similar question of other CoCs, but May CoC is "Extract Beers" - right? So, how many different extract beers can we enter? I only plan on having 2 ready...but just in case I come up with a third or twelfth...
Cameron Mathews
Brewboy

Re: May CoC question

Post by Brewboy »

As far as I'm concerned, you can enter Correction 3 entries total with only 1 per subcategory and they all must be at least 50% extract. Just declare the style/substyle on each one.

Once again, 1 entry per sub-category no more than 3 total enteries per COC competition.

Me, I'm a grain brewer and I'll only have one Dortmunder that I brewed at a brewing demonstration at the Wine Makers Toy store a while back. That's the only brew I'll have with that much extract in it.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Dave Warner

Post by Dave Warner »

This seems like an odd competition to me since it's pretty darn hard to tell the difference between an extract beer and all-grain. All I brew is extract, so I'll throw one in the ring, but it still seems weird.
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

Scott, You are close but last year we made an official change to the number of entries allowed in a COC to try to give everyone a fair chance at winning and to help the COC not get bombed with entries.

See the link below
http://www.nthba.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ules#p1115
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
truckpoetry

Post by truckpoetry »

Thanks all, good to know - I'll prob only have 2 anyway... I'm spending too much time working on improving the quality of my all grain batches to brew a bunch of extract beer. Just good to know - and good to know it's on here...

I'm lazy and forget I can SEARCH before posting. Thanks Damon.
Cameron Mathews