2009/2010 BJCP Class 11 - FINAL CLASS - January 24

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

donniestyle

2009/2010 BJCP Class 11 - FINAL CLASS - January 24

Post by donniestyle »

Hello everyone.

We are at 10 examinees from our club, and there are 10 from the Fort Worth and Arlington clubs. We are having our last class this Sunday January 24 at Chuck Homola's home. Chuck's address is 905 Glen Rose Dr, Allen, TX 75013 (MAP). The class will begin at 12:30 as usual.

This class will start with a mini BJCP exam (quiz) containing 3-5 questions with 1-2 beers to judge. Is there anyone willing to prepare this exam and bring beers to judge for the exam? If not I will do so. If so, please let me know ASAP.

After the quiz, we'll be covering BJCP categories 18 Belgian Strong Ale and 22 Smoke-Flavored and Wood-Aged Beer. I have a presentation on category 18 from last year that we can use. Is there anyone willing to present category 22? If not, we can just cover the guidelines as we have done in the last class.

So far I have received payment from 4 of you. I'll be taking payments for the exam during the class.

We still need to get together for palate calibration before the exam. I haven't gotten a date and time yet. I'll have to ping the others and pass the information along.

See you Sunday,
Don
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?