Brewday Next Saturday

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Brewday Next Saturday

Post by Brewboy »

So Who's brewing at the brewday on Saturday?

I'll be there to do an Imperial IPA. Who else and what?
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brian B

Re: Brewday Next Saturday

Post by Brian B »

I will be brewing, just not sure what yet.
andersonimes

Post by andersonimes »

I was thinking of dropping by with a friend. I've never been to any NTHBA event, though. Would that be kosher? What are the rules? Do I bring beer? Money? Money and beer?
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well, you should think about showing up at the meeting this evening at BJ's. Also, for sure go to the brewday, that's how you meet people and maybe learn something. Bring beer to the brewday if you like although I guarantee that there will be some there, no money is required.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

andersonimes wrote:I was thinking of dropping by with a friend. I've never been to any NTHBA event, though. Would that be kosher? What are the rules? Do I bring beer? Money? Money and beer?
Do you have any homebrew? Really cool if you bring some for us to share.

You might need money for lunch. There will be plenty of Beer.

I'm brining some homebrew for the critics to evaluate. Actually, I'm proud and want to show off a little. LOL

Oh, and I bring my brother to these events when he's in town just because he enjoy's it. He's not a homebrewer but he's a darn good helper when he brews with me.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
andersonimes

Post by andersonimes »

I've got an APA that is about to be pulled out of the fermenter, but it's probably going to be a little young still. I might bring some by. My buddy is considering entering the Bluebonnet so he'd probably be really interested in some feedback.

I heard a rumor you guys have a BJCP national show up every once in a while?
Edit: Not that any feedback would be turned away of course.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I will have some donuts and sausage rolls at the brewday for the early birds, and lunch will be provided (not sure what yet...). I have a carbon filter and a food-grade RV hose, in case you want to pack a little less. Plenty of power outlets in the garage. I will be brewing and I suspect that we can squeeze two more brewers in the garage. There is still a chance of rain, although they seem to be backing off a little on the forecast compared to a few days ago. If you have a canopy, please bring it. I have one smallish (8' x 8') canopy available.

My house is at 2312 Westwind Drive about 1/2 block north of Carmel and across the street from a large park and pond. It is the only 2-story on our part of the street - you can't miss it. If you have brew gear to unload, come up the alleyway - it intersects Carmel just east of Westwind. At a minimum I will have an IPA on tap. If you aren't familiar with the area, this is in Carrollton north of Keller Springs and east of Kelly. I hope we have a great turnout and I look forward to seeing you all there!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Thanks to everyone who showed up. We had a great turnout, good weather, lots of new faces, and seven brews! If I had ordered one or two more pizzas it would have been a perfect day.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright