Judges Wanted !!!

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

sirjohn

Judges Wanted !!!

Post by sirjohn »

<font color="red">JUDGES WANTED!</font id="red">

We are currently asking members who are interested in judging competitions to please email me or see me at the meetings.

If interested please email me with your name, phone number, email address, experience and the type of beer you like to judge. We have a lot of competitions this year and want to make sure we have folks in place to judge. I will release competition schedules in the newsletter.

If you have never judged a competition don?t let that stop you. We will pair you up with experienced judges who will help show you what to do. What better way to help out the club and other members by judging in a competition. Together we can make this the best year yet [:)] .

Thanks,

John
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Want to know how your beer is judged or how a judge judges? This is a great article I came across on BYO.

http://byo.com/feature/1572.html

Enjoy,
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

I wanted to a thank Jim, Anthony, and Bryan for stepping up and helping Judge January Club Only Competition. Maybe you can be the next. [:D]

If you are interested in learning to Judge or would like to Judge please email me or reply to this msg.

Thanks,
g0dolphins

Post by g0dolphins »

SirJohn,

I'd step up and volunteer to be a judge. I'm also interested in pursuing the AHA Judging Certificate, and would like to get more information in terms of Exam times, what to expect for the essay portion, etc.

thanks
Steve
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Hey Steve,

that?s awesome. I will post (soon I hope) the date for the next club only competition and will pair you up with a BJCP certified Judge (if available). If you want to know more about BJCP please go to http://www.bjcp.org/index.php and look at the Beer Judge Exam Study Guide. I hope that helps,

John
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

We are still looking for Judges for Club Only. If interested please catch me at the next monthly meeting, Brew Basics, or at the next Club Only event. Hope to see you then.

Thanks,

John
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

We are still in need of Judges for Club Only events. If you are interested please reply below so I can call on you if needed.

Next club only is July...

Thanks,

John