Who's Brewing this weekend

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I just finished brewing my Dragon Slayer IPA. A lot of Magnum and Cascade hops. 1.060 O.G. It should be ready for the upcoming holidays. Last Month I Brewed and now I've kegged a Maibock and a Dortmunder Export that will be ready For the Bluebonnet.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Time to revive this thread! After a hiatus, I am ready to get back into brewing. I'm brewing a Dusseldorf Alt tomorrow. Who else be brewin?
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Hello Mike,

I'm getting ready to bottle my Wheat beer next week if everything goes well. I'm hoping to start another shortly.
Haney

Post by Haney »

I'm brewing on the boat house. Man, that wind was cold this morning!
I have a Rochfort 8 starter that I cloned if anyone would like some I can bring it to the Christmas party next week. I'm going to make another thread about it.
Knance

Post by Knance »

I brewed a celebration ale clone out of the recipe book recommended to me. only my second AG beer and I didn't even come close to my OG. Back to the drawing board for the next brew.
Haney

Post by Haney »

I feel your pain. Hitting the OG is tough even after a lot of AG brews. It's because we work on the smallest workable set of the AG brewing. The larger the batch the more stable and consistent everything is. What you need to learn is that you can hit that OG, it just may mean boiling for 2 1/2 hours or adding water. Never give up and settle for a set boil time or mash time. Homebrewing requires flexibility, do the iodine test, if you have starch; KEEP MASHING. I recently had two thermometers go off by about the same amount(15 degrees). Took forever to mash until I got out the digital and added more hot water.... My Rockport 10(second place BOS at the Bluebonnet) took three and 1/2 hours boiling to hit the OG! I still have no idea what happened, maybe bad thermos? You can always hit your target if you have enough time and propane!
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Made a starter today for two lagers(pilsners)that I'll brew on Sunday before the Cowboys game. I'll step it up another 1000ml Saturday morning in order to have enough yeast for the two beers.

On deck, more IPA's.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Fred David and I will be brewing a Maibock tomorrow and splitting the batch. Each half will be fermented with a different yeast. It would be interesting to do a taste comparison sometime this summer. Tonight I will bottle the oatmeal stout that I brewed at the January brewday.

What's brewing at YOUR place?
AgentOrange

Post by AgentOrange »

The fridg. is full[:)]
but nothing in ferment[:(]
In kegs And on tap..
-Cider
-Double IPA
-Maibock
-Bock
-Maple brown
-Maple wheat 10-14 1076
-Hefe 11-5 1049
-Pale ale 11-20 5gal. @1046

waiting for this one..
-Imperial stout 10-29 1091
Need to break out the CPBF but like brewing another batch I just seem to be putting it off..

Life is good..
wb5sgn

Post by wb5sgn »

Not to compete with the club brewday, I will be brewing on Sunday.
If anybody wants to help, watch, drink, etc. Your are all welcome.
I think I'll get going about 9:30am

Steve
214-536-3243
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I brewed an Imperial Stout/Barleywine last week and brewed a Pale Ale Sunday. I need to brew because my stock pile is getting a bit thin.