Who's Brewing this weekend

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Dragon Slayer

Who's Brewing this weekend

Post by Dragon Slayer »

All my carboys are fermenting ales so I'm headed to the Iron Mash.

I'm posting to this board with the intent to start a dialoge about what brewers are giong to brew from week to week. Let me know if and what your brewing. It'll be interesting to hear about all the beers being brewed.

Also, thanks to everyone involved in the development of this site.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Sadly, I have nothing brewing except for the Iron Mash beer. Think I'll take a stab at an American hefe (ala Pyramid)next. Haven't attempted any wheat beers since going all-grain yet.
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I'm headed to Denver and Phoenix over the next week. So, no brewing for me.

My Dragon Slayer Imperial Export IPA is in the primary as well as my Arnie's Armageddon Ale(Barley Wine).

On deck, an APA and a Bock or a lager with a little wheat and vienna malt.

I'm also considering entering a German Pilsener in the Sam Adam's Longshot competition.
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I'm planning to brew my first lager this weekend, an Oktoberfest! While I'd love to brew over at Bill's house, I have to get the family ready and off to the airport on Saturday. Plus my rig is not really portable.

Hoping to brew it Saturday night and then do a porter on Sunday!
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I just finished an APA. I hit my targets with a 79% system efficiency. Hopped with magnum, amarillo and cascade with an O.G. of 1.057. Earlier today I brewed a batch of sugar free Root Beer with a little malto-dextrin added to create the mouthfeel that's missing when using Splenda.
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

I brewed a cream ale today. I had a good brewday, overall. (Thanks for asking.) Low efficiency, but since I'm doing this one for the Limbo Challenge, that's ok.

The house water is at 82F, so I didn't get the wort as cool as desired going through the counterflow. I put the carboys in a water bath with ice, covered the carboys with a t-shirt, and put a fan on them. Eight hours later, they cooled to 70F with a very major cold break! And I mean major cold-break. I pitched my very active yeast starter at midnight thirty.....

Bruce
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

On Saturday I am going over to help my friend, John, brew his first batch of beer. He has been collecting equipment for the last two weeks. We are brewing a Boddingtons extract clone.

Jimmy
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

No brewing this weekend, but I will bottle Iron Mash beer. Good to hear another person has been roped in to the world of homebrewing!
captbill

Post by captbill »

I should be brewing this sunday, and putting my wort into my new 15 gallon conical fermentor. It will be hot. but I will have my mister going and of course the pool is right there. So anyone that wants to come over (bring beer and pool babes) is well come to.

Bill James
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to brew. However, I have a Pale Ale on tap along with some sugar free Root Beer.

I'm planning on bottling three beers for the Sam Adams competition. A German Lager, Pale Ale and an Imperial Stout.

My next beers will include a Sierra Nevada IPA clone and a couple of Lagers. I'm hoping to have a beer or two in my fermentation chest by mid August.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

We are brewing a 15 gallon all grain Wit on Saturday. The Celis White recipe. We have a bunch of folks that are coming over to watch. I'll miss the party but this Saturday was best for the watchers.
captbill

Post by captbill »

Brewing a scottish ale Sunday by the pool, if you want to come over, send me a message.

Bill
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Sunday, I brewed a German Lager after I cleaned up the root beer that escaped through a failed regulator. I awoke to find a gallon of root beer was sprayed all over the inside of my beer frig. and onto my carpet. Also, the 5 lb. Co2 tank that I had filled Friday is empty. !#$@%argh!!!
Lastly, I forgot to take a gravity reading....too many scotch ales [8D]
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

Since I'm unemployed, I might as well brew. I'm doing a double-decoction smoked hefeweizen today. I know it sounds weird, but I had one recently, and it was incredible.

Bruce
Dragon Slayer

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I just finished brewing the second beer of the weekend. An Octoberfest and a Dortmunder Export.

A German Pilsner and a Pale Ale I brewed in August will be ready for the Dixie Cup.