Cool Shipping Boxes

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

chris mewhinney

Cool Shipping Boxes

Post by chris mewhinney »

For once, I'm speechless. Those of you who pay any attention to my rantings on this forum may recall that my experience with UPS and FedX is painfully consistent. Last time I posted on this topic, I had shipped 3 separate boxes, two of which were double protected with bublle wrap between the bottles. All three boxes were destroyed. Well, I shipped another box full of beer to my brother in Florida a few days ago for his birthday. Carefully crammed bubble wrap between every bottle and the sides of the box. Naturally, they destroyed this one, too! Four out of four! That's 36 individually filled bottles of beer and not one has been delivered. What the heck!

If I wasn't hung over, I'd go get drunk.

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
ejonsson

Re: Cool Shipping Boxes

Post by ejonsson »

Hmm, somehow, I don't think this is accidental. This could be their way of trying to discourage people from shipping prohibited items.
Einar Jonsson
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Chris,

Have you been going around kicking puppies? Cause you karma is really bad..

Have you been using the "Cool Shipping Boxes" or are you using recycled packaging material?? Damon and I shipped our entries to NHC using the "Cool Shipping Boxes" w/ no problems.

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
chris mewhinney

Post by chris mewhinney »

I'm using the same boxes you use and I wrap the bottles with bubble wrap. I'm expecting a call from the shipping store tomorrow so he can try to explain how this is possible. I swear they must xray these things and take their new homebrew home to the wife and kids. It's really hard to imagine that this is simple incompetence...or even a very advanced level of incompetence. Four shipments, zero deliveries. HAS to be intentional.

It sucks...

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".