Competition Medals

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

bdubas

Competition Medals

Post by bdubas »

Hi guys,

The owners of a local Raleigh microbrewery have asked me to organize a homebrew competition for them. This is one of those contests where the winner will get to brew his beer on a commercial scale. I need to order some awards for the BOS and flight winners. All of the competitions here in NC use simple ribbons. . . . .like we would use for our club only competitions. . . . . pretty lame. I want to use the medals like the Bluebonnet and other TX competitions use. What business are these ordered from?

Regards,
Bill
Mike Grover

Re: Competition Medals

Post by Mike Grover »

Bill -

Look for trophy shops or places that specialize in awards. The place we use here specializes in golf tournament awards and giveaways but does lots of other stuff too.

Mike
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
bdubas

Post by bdubas »

Mike Grover wrote:Bill -

Look for trophy shops or places that specialize in awards. The place we use here specializes in golf tournament awards and giveaways but does lots of other stuff too.

Mike
Yeah. . . .but what's the name of the business? I'd like the name of the Dallas business that does this for the Bluebonnet. I'll compare them to any similar businesses that I can find in Raleigh.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I personally don't know where they got them but the Limbo metals beat the heck out of the Bluebonnet metals in my humble opinion (although nothing touches the steins of course). We have a meeting this evening and I know that Fred is all over that stuff, I will mention to him that you are looking for information. You might also want to forward us the competition literature once you get organized, I bet some of the boys (and girls) here might be interested in sending in some entries just for grins.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer