Lunar Rendezbrew XVI

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Guerra

Lunar Rendezbrew XVI

Post by Guerra »

The Lunar Rendezbrew XVI web site can be found here: http://mashtronauts.pbworks.com/Lunar-Rendezbrew-XVI

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
Guerra

Re: Lunar Rendezbrew XVI

Post by Guerra »

Lunar web site now accepting entries...

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
gray_59

Post by gray_59 »

What ever happened to $7-8 for the first entry then $5 for every entry after that? I have 15 beer I want to enter, but can't afford (or legitamize to the wife) a $120 entry fee. These tough economic times...
Cody Gray
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Info from "Mission Control":

Bay Area Mashtronauts
From the Mission Commander's Chair,
Standard Date: 6.20.09
Mission Elapsed Time: 17.10.20

Fellow Texas Homebrewers!

I am happy to invite to you and your fellow homebrewers of the North Texas Hombrewers Association to the 16th annual Lunar Rendezbrew! So please share this with message them!

The premier summer homebrew event of the Texas coast will be held Saturday evening, August 8th, 2009 at the Bay Area Community Center in Seabrook, Texas.

The contest phase of Lunar Rendezbrew is a BJCP sanctioned homebrew contest. The contest is open to entries in all BJCP recognized categories plus alternative beverages (Wines and Liqueurs).

Entries are due by July 11th, 2009.

The First and Second rounds will be held on July 18th, and July 25th, respectively, at the Seabrook Community Center in Seabrook, Texas

Then on Saturday, August 8th, is Rendezbrew! Held at the Bay Area Community Center, it is a family friendly event with the doors opening at 4pm. Your ticket, purchased online for $20/adult or $8/6-21 and under 6 Free (or for $30/$10 and Free at the door) will grant you admission to an evening of beer, food, beer, games, beer, live music, and fun for everyone!

The attached Flyer has more details and you can get ALL the details at the Lunar Rendezbrew web page located at:

http://mashtronauts.pbworks.com/Lunar-Rendezbrew-XVI

I hope to see you at Rendezbrew this year!!

Hugh Lomas
Mission Commander
Bay Area Mashtronauts
Orlando Guerra
gray_59

Post by gray_59 »

So when are entries due to HBHQ to be shipped?
Cody Gray
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

We are having a packing party at my home on Monday July 6th, starting at 6pm. We will pack the entries that evening, and I will drive them to HBHQ Tues. a.m. They will ship from HBHQ Tuesday afternoon.

If you can't make the packing party, you can drop off your entries at HBHQ before 12 noon, Tuesday July 7th. We will only be accepting "fully packed" entires at HBHQ. Your entry should require only a shipping label. No other effort should be required to prepare the package for shipping.

"Cool Shipping Boxes" are available at HBHQ, they will also be available at the Packing Party. If you have not seen these boxes they are pretty cool. They make shipping beer fun :D

Some helpful tips for preparing your entries for shipping to competition:
1. Review “Packing Party Rules” on the discussion board.
2. Get a few of those “cool beer shipping boxes”. We will have some available at the packing party and at the July Meeting.
3. Printed crown caps must be blacked-out with a permanent marker and all labels removed to assure anonymity of all entries.
4. A completed bottle label must be attached to each bottle with a rubber band? No tape or glue.
5. Bring an envelope containing the registration form, a copy of your entries list, and payment or proof of payment, so it can be boxed with your entries. If you require multiple boxes, this information should be include in each box.
6. Keep copies of your registrations and entry forms for your records

Orlando
7409 Avalon Drive
Plano TX 75025
[email protected]
Last edited by Guerra on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orlando Guerra
chris mewhinney

Post by chris mewhinney »

Hey Orlando. I see nowhere on the Lunar Rendevous web site to print an entry form. (I entered online.) I do have my copy of the bottle labels and I do have the Paypal receipt for payment. Just no form. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

The Here link " Start Your Entry Process for Beer, Mead or Cider HERE!" just displays a blank screen for me. Are they using the BJCP bottle lables?
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Brewboy,

Make sure you are navigating to the right Web site: http://mashtronauts.pbworks.com/Lunar-Rendezbrew-XVI.

I tried it and it seemed to work. I did not go all the way through the process, but I did get further than the screen you mentioned.

No they are not using BJCP bottle labels. The labels competition specific, so you need make sure to use there labels.

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
chris mewhinney

The link works fine for creating labels. And the payment process works fine, too. But I see/saw no option to pring the online entry form. So I guess I'll just bring my boxes with bottles, labels, and proof of payment to HBHQ.

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
gray_59

Post by gray_59 »

I'm going out of town this weekend so that doesn't leave me much time. I'll probably have to come to the packing party. Where do you live Orlando???
Cody Gray
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Orlando Guerra
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

chris mewhinney wrote:The link works fine for creating labels. And the payment process works fine, too. But I see/saw no option to pring the online entry form....Chris
Yeah I went from the "Add Entry" selection right to paypal. So I did not see an option to print out the online entry form either. I will include a copy of the PayPal receipt in each entry box.

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
chris mewhinney

If I were not so forgetful, I would have done that, as well...

I did send them an email asking about this. Captain Kirk (or something like that...) replied that he'd ask the IT guy and get back to me. No word back yet.

By the way, is anyone tracking the shipment from HBHQ? I'll bet money that my entries get smashed and/or drunk by the gorillas at UPS/FedX!

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

chris mewhinney wrote:By the way, is anyone tracking the shipment from HBHQ? I'll bet money that my entries get smashed and/or drunk by the gorillas at UPS/FedX!Chris
Chris,

Yes we will be tracking the UPS shipment from HBHQ. I am kinda thinking about sending your package out first, like cannon fodder. Hopefully the UPS guy will get all his frustrations out on you before he process the rest of our shipment.. :?

Orlando
Orlando Guerra