Dixie Cup broken bottles

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

SauerBeer

Dixie Cup broken bottles

Post by SauerBeer »

Just a head's up....

UPS sent back a box with 2 broken bottles - I'm sure they were mine. Kelly resent the box and I will send my missing bottles separatly. However, Scott from Foam Rangers called and they are missing about 4 of my bottles. Hopefully UPS didn't screw up another box!

Steve.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

At the officers meeting we were kicking around the idea of having someone make a delivery run to Houston rather than shipping bottles in the future. This also might not be a bad idea for some of the other Lone Star competitions. We would probably take up a collection to compensate the driver for fuel and vehicle usage. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts and input on this idea.
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

I think that the idea of someone driving the beer down rather than shipping the beer is a good one. It was inevitable that something like this would happen. My worry is that we as a club probably don't have enough entries in a given competition to adequately compensate the driver. The fix to this is to contact the other local clubs and see if they want to join in. Just a thought.

Steve, didn't you have a problem with your shipment to Cactus Challenge as well? What god did you piss off?

Bruce
SauerBeer

Post by SauerBeer »

I wish I knew! I suggest we make up a box of the nastiest beer known to man...just to make sure that UPS isn't drinking them!

Seriously, Scott said that one box arrived intact, no liquid damage and had 4 broken bottles inside (all mine!). Packing is not a problem because the box didn't even get wet! I would be into helping pay someone for delivery. I had to disqualify 3 of my entries.

Steve.
Haney

Post by Haney »

Not a new phenomena. I lost nine of 15 bottles in 2002 because a UPS truck drove over the box. [:(!] Rob said there were tire marks right down the middle of the box. My Belgian strong dark ended up as a dubbel due to wet paper work.

I like the idea of a driver taking the entries. On the trip to Houston they can use my place as a stop over to spend the night after fishing and sampling the latest mad creations from the "Boat House Brewery".
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Did anyone make it down to Houston this weekend? How did the club do? The results have not been posted online yet.