Member ranking info

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

forumAdmin

Member ranking info

Post by forumAdmin »

As I play with the forum, I discovered that members are ranked according to the number of posts. I have altered the titles to reflect that we are a beer club. The new rankings are:

Beer Drinker -- 0-49 posts
Brewing Apprentice -- 50-99 posts
Assistant Brewer -- 100-499 posts
Brewer -- 500-999 posts
Master Brewer -- 1000-1999 posts
Grand Master Brewer -- 2000+ posts

The titles and number of posts to attain each title are open for discussion. That does not mean I'll change them, merely that it's open for discussion.

Forum Grand Master Bruce :)
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

Congrats to Mike Grover to be the first person in the forum to advance from "Beer Drinker" to "Brewing Apprentice". Sir John is right behind him (he only needs one more). The rest of us, however, are lagging in our posts....

Bruce
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Are you kidding me? Hmmm is that the post I needed. [:)]

John
AgentOrange

Post by AgentOrange »

I kinda like being a lowly beer drinker..[:)]
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AgentOrange</i>
<br />I kinda like being a lowly beer drinker..[:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

There ARE worse entry-level titles!
Fred David

Post by Fred David »

What's the world coming to? When I was in college you'd hear " Man, I can drink you under the table". Now it's " Man, I can post you under the keyboard".
wb5sgn

Post by wb5sgn »

+1
(means I agree and a quick way to add to you post whore balence)
Steve
Haney

Post by Haney »

Just how much beer did you have before you posted that? What pray tell is a whore balance? When do we know when we are out of said balance and how much penicillin does it take to get back into balance? Inquiring minds want to know, just to keep in balance, you know!
wb5sgn

Post by wb5sgn »

1st no drinking at all.
2nd On some of the boards I frequent there are some people who manage to post ten to hundreds of entries a day. They are labeled "post whores" Sorry for the vague reference.
g0dolphins

Post by g0dolphins »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by forumAdmin</i>
<br />As I play with the forum, I discovered that members are ranked according to the number of posts. I have altered the titles to reflect that we are a beer club. The new rankings are:

Beer Drinker -- 0-49 posts
Brewing Apprentice -- 50-99 posts
Assistant Brewer -- 100-499 posts
Brewer -- 500-999 posts
Master Brewer -- 1000-1999 posts
Grand Master Brewer -- 2000+ posts

The titles and number of posts to attain each title are open for discussion. That does not mean I'll change them, merely that it's open for discussion.

Forum Grand Master Bruce :)

I'd only change 0-49, as the others more or less keep with the brewing theme. How about:
Beer Fart -- 0-49 posts
curryman

Post by curryman »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wb5sgn</i>
<br />1st no drinking at all.
2nd On some of the boards I frequent there are some people who manage to post ten to hundreds of entries a day. They are labeled "post whores" Sorry for the vague reference.

do
curryman

Post by curryman »

you
curryman

Post by curryman »

mean
curryman

Post by curryman »

like this.

curryman
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

Actually, I think the snitz.forums program is smarter than that. It loggeed all three messages of yours as the same post. I suspect that to accumulate points, you must pose, log out, and then log back in...