Keg Washer-Orlando?

This is a place where people can ask questions about brewing. Hopefully, someone who is more knowledgable about brewing will respond.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

snake10

Keg Washer-Orlando?

Post by snake10 »

Orlando,
Could you post some pics of your keg washer setup. I want to build one right away. What harbor freight pump did you use? Size of PVC? Homebrew at Waynes was cool. What a great time. Any help would be appreciated.
Bart Askew- new member and single tier owner
[email protected] or mac.com
Guerra

Re: Keg Washer-Orlando?

Post by Guerra »

Which keg washer? For Sanke Kegs or for Corny Kegs? I have set ups for both? I do not have a digital camera so I can't post a pic. :oops:

This is the pump I use: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/ite ... al%20Pumps

It is a little expensive, and you don't need a 1hp pump to get the job done. I had a coupon when I bought mine. Harbor Freight, usually comes out w/ a 20% off coupon at least 2-3 times a month.

A few of the guys have similar set ups to mine to clean corny kegs. The concepts are all the same, but each of us use different pumps.

I use 3/4" PVC pipe.

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

Orlando, I liked your setup at the last brewday went to.. wonder if a similar setup can be done for carboys? did you use any sort of disperser, ie. like a fountain head, at the top of the pvc? I can't remember..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

No, I did not use a fountain head. But what I did do was place a PVC "cap" at the end of the pipe and cut a large "X" through the cap so water could spray out the end.

I guess it could be done with a carboy, but I have not tried it.

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"