Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15 - IMPORTANT!!!

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

kingsbrew

Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15 - IMPORTANT!!!

Post by kingsbrew »

First round judging will be at the Coors Distribution center in Ft. Worth. The address is 2550 Mcmillian Pkwy, Fort Worth, TX. Here is a map. I believe judging starts at 9 am.
Leroy
donniestyle

Re: Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15

Post by donniestyle »

Let's try to car pool. It's a long drive. I want to go all four days, but I hope to drive only one of them. Let's get accordianated.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
egens

Re: Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15

Post by egens »

I'm planning on going the 7th and 14th and I'd certainly be up for carpooling.
- Erich Gens
Fred David

Bluebonnet First Round Judging 3/7-8, 3/15-15

Post by Fred David »

We set a record with entries this year with 1286. Before all is said and done we will probably have just over 1300 as some are still floating around in delivery land. This said, we are going to need all the judging help we can muster. This year is about 140 entries more than average and it takes us all four days to get it done normally. Don't be shy about judging if you haven't judged before. We all started as new judges at one point and there will be plenty of experienced judges to shepherd new people along. 8)
Fred David
donniestyle

Re: Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15 - IMPORTANT!!!

Post by donniestyle »

Leroy recommended we coordinate according to home town. I live at the southeast corner of Frisco, close to Plano, Allen, and McKinney. I'm northeast of SH 121 & Custer Road. We should some up with a meeting place. Where might we meet up? I probably will just head home afterwards, because I plan to go out again the next day.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I think we need folks to volunteer to coordinate for their area.

I will take Carrollton for this weekend, (7th and 8th). I can drive my Honda Civic on Saturday. I can carry four people including myself. Hopefully someone else will drive on Sunday.

I think there could be some other concentration points: North Plano, South Plano, North Dallas.

Please reply if you are willing to ride, drive and the area you are in. I am going to ask Don to handle North Plano. Can two people coordinate for South Plano and North Dallas?

Who else is looking to ride/drive on Saturday and/or Sunday from the Carrollton area?
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Sounds like a plan. Okay, I'll coordinate North Plano. We can include Allen, and McKinney also. Please send me email if you would like to join this pool to [email protected]. Let me know your location and contact information. We can discuss the meeting place.

Folks, if you want to join us, please send me your location and cell phone number. I'm trying to decided where to meet. I'll try to make it central for all.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

So far I have Kelly Harris, Erich Gens, and Orlando Guerra replying for a car pool. Orlando is a possible, as he may need to leave early. Others are still welcome. Please respond soon. Send me an email at [email protected], and include your cell phone number.
wrwoodman

Post by wrwoodman »

Saturdays don't work for me since the kids have soccer games. I can do Sunday after church. When does judging stop for the day?
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Okay, on the way over we are Kelly, Erich, Charlie, and myself. I'll help coordinate others also. There are only hours left to decide. Judging will begin around 9:00 on each day. There is no set ending time for the day, however, judging usually wraps up around 5-6:00.
danwbrews

Post by danwbrews »

I can judge on Sunday the 8th and maybe the next weekend. I live in North east Dallas off Northwest Highway.
You can reach me at home
Last edited by danwbrews on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

We had a great turnout today. I'm not sure how many flights got finished today but it was a good start. If you haven't gone yet please try to make it for at least 1 day of judging to help one of the best competitions around run smoothly. Also you will be surprised how much you can learn about a style of beer by judging several of them in a row.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I second Damon's sentiment. We still need judges. Especially on Sunday. Please consider coming out for three hours and judge a flight. Anything you can do will help. I had a great time today and it only gets better.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Did anyone get a count on how many flights were judged this weekend?
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

I heard there was only 51 left to judge. I also heard there was 149 total flights to judge. So it looks like a lot!
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery