Limbo Challenge

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Limbo Challenge

Post by Mike Grover »

Use this forum to discuss our upcoming session beer competition, the North Texas Limbo Challenge!

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

I just had a thought...the Celtic has a limit of one beer per subcategory with a total of two beers per category. I don't know if the committee has considered something like this, but I think it would be a good idea.

Just my $0.02.

Bruce
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

It hasn't come up but that's probably not a bad idea. That would keep multiple entries for the same beer down.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Just a reminder - the Limbo Challenge has officially begun. Entries are being accepted <b>now through August 16th</b> at Homebrew HQ. A couple of things to note:

1) Thanks to Bruce for getting an online registration system up and running. This allows you to enter your registration automatically and print off your bottle labels. All-paper registrations are still o.k., so don't fret if you've already shipped/delivered entries.

2) Don't forget about the special Lawnmower Beer category - it is FREE if you have two or more other entries in the competition!!!

3) Mark your calendar for the evening of Saturday, August 26th for the awards ceremony at Big Buck Brewery & Steakhouse in Grapevine. More specifics on the awards ceremony will be released soon.

Thanks for your participation. Let's make the first ever Limbo Challenge the start of something great!

Mike
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Limbo challenge entries are due at Homebrew Headquarters on Wednesday, August 16th. You can drop them off during business hours or during our packing party on Wednesday evening.

Mike
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

I was just wondering if we don't make it to the awards ceremony when would we receive our score sheets. Being that this is my first comp I've entered I am new at all of this.

Thanks!
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

What??? You won't make it to the awards ceremony??? How can you miss such a great event?

After the ceremony on Saturday night, we can mail them to you if you want. Contact Mike Grover (email address in the newsletter) about getting your score sheets, but only after Saturday. Even he won't see them until then....

Bruce
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Congratulations to all of the Limbo Challenge winners! The competition was a great success and we had a blast at Big Buck. Check the link on the club home page to see all of the winners. We will get awards & scoresheets mailed out the the out-of-town folks soon.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

Mike
forumAdmin

Post by forumAdmin »

bdubas

Post by bdubas »

What did the awards end up looking like? I especially want to see the lawnmower beer special trophy.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I think Fred took photos - maybe Bruce can harass him about uploading them.
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

I took some pictures while judging. I have posted them on the photo archive of the forum page.

Bruce
brewbuzzard

Post by brewbuzzard »

I have been checking every day for the pics of the awards party. Fred... get off your can and post.