Next Years Competition

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

sirjohn

Next Years Competition

Post by sirjohn »

Can anyone point me to next year's schedule for competitions? This would be for the club only.

I did go check out the AHA site and unless I missed it I only see the following.

01/18/2009
<b>AHA Club-Only Competition, Belgian & French Ales</b>
Warrenville, IL, US
Phone: (630) 482-3075
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/club.html

05/09/2009
<b>AHA Club-Only Competition, Extract Beers</b>
Fort Worth, TX, US
Phone: (817) 461-9425
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/club.html

Any help would be grateful. Thanks,
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

John,

The AHA Club-Only competition Schedule can be found here: http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/schedule.html

Jan/Feb ?09: Belgian & French Ales
March/April ?09: Beers with OG > 1.080
May ?09: Extract Beers
Aug ?09: Amber Hybrid
Sept/Oct ?09: European Amber Lagers
Nov/Dec ?09: Belgian Strong Ale

I have proposed to the Club Officers that we modify the current NTHBA COC/Brewer Royal format for 2009. However a few more discussions will need to take place before we are prepared to present a proposal to the membership for consideration.

Orlando
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Awesome Orlando, this was what I wanted to know. Thanks,
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Beers with OG > 1.080 is a funny one. Saison is listed and does not go up to 1.080, Biere de Garde is topped out at 1.080, and a lot more have low ends well below 1.080. I do like the line up though. So, how many entries are we allowed per COC?! Imagine judging 20 beers with OG over 1.080!
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Imagine judging 20 beers with OG over 1.080!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ok Donniestyle, if I must... [:D][:D][:D]

(LOL)
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

I am interested in some more details on the clubs proposals for the COC type competition for 2009. I think you officers are on a good track. What can "the membership" do to help (suggest). I'd still like us to support the AHA and have our brewers send brews to the nationals, so I'd still like to support that effort. I think it would be nice to do additional competitions in the between months, for other styles not in the COC. Of course we are still in need of judges, and this is a big hurdle to overcome for this.