Excellent Birthday Dinner

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

bdubas

Excellent Birthday Dinner

Post by bdubas »

I hit the big 43 this weekend, so Julie took me out to dinner tonight at a casual Belgian beer restaurant in Chapel Hill, which is about a 20 minute drive from our apartment. This restaurant is in an old plumbing supply store (Orange Plumbing and Heating) and they've blocked off the small parking lot at the side of the store to be an outdoor patio.

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with pears and gorgonzola. It also came with a side salad of mixed greens with a lambic dressing. Julie had the bratwurst. This place had a great beer list with a few pages of belgian beers. I had the "KO" Belgian strong pale ale from De Proefbrouwerij in Western Flanders. For those of you that attended the NTHBA spring party, this is the same brewery that did the "Pig Nun" flemish ale that I passed around. Delicious! Julie tried a French apple cider that was also very good. Sweet, sparkling, and with a touch of barnyard in the aroma.

Things are looking up. This may be more of a beer town than I originally thought. I've volunteered to help with the World Beer Festival held in Durham and sponsored by "All About Beer" magazine. This is held on the first weekend in October. They are expecting 150 breweries to attend.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Stupid Flanders!!!
brewbuzzard

Post by brewbuzzard »

Two pages of Belgian beers... man that's a gold mine. I don't think the sauser has that many.