Shipping Dixie Cup Entries

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Killet

Shipping Dixie Cup Entries

Post by Killet »

I am unable to get in contact with anyone with the Dixie Cup or DeFalco's. Due to the storm in Houston I am reluctent to ship any of our entries down in fear we may never see them. Does anyone have any contact with anyone from the Foam Rangers? If so please contact them and tell me what to do with NTHBA entries.

Kelly Harris
Homebrew Headquarters, Inc.
972-234-4411
[email protected]
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I sent an email to Hugh Lomas the MC of BAM asking him if he knows the status of DeFalco's and the Dixie Cup. I will let you know if I get a reply from him.
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I just noticed that on the Foam Rangers web site they have cancelled their 9/19 Friday night meeting and 9/20 Sorting.
http://www.foamrangers.com/clubevents.phtml

I also found some satellite pics of the area taken since Saturday. The area where DeFalco's is located looked ok, but whether they have power, water and phone may be the question. Also, they may be spending time getting their homes in order instead of being at the store.

I haven't heard back from Hugh Lomas. He may be having issues getting his email.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

We received an email from the Foam Rangers. They have waived the late fee, so all entries can be registered at the early entry fee price through Friday, September 26th. Based on that, we can hold off on shipping for a while.

Kelly - I don't know how many boxes you have so far. If they are taking up too much space I'm sure some of us could store a few cases until we are ready to ship.
Killet

Post by Killet »

I talked to Scott Birdwell, owner of DeFalco's, yesterday. He got power around 3:30 and he said to go ahead and ship entries.

I will be shipping all the entries I have (9 boxes), today, Thursday, Sept. 18th.

Kelly
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

A couple of guys from the Fort Worth clubs will be driving entries down to the Dixie Cup tomorrow. They will collect them at the Iron Mash awards tonight. Sorry for the last minute notice, but this just came together. All entries that make it to Homebrew HQ by 17:00 today will be taken to the IM awards tonight.
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

A message on BAM's forum makes a statement that we (NTHA) won't think they will have any entries because of Ike. They think they can "surprise and confuse" us. You have until 9/24 Wednesday noon to get your entries bottled, packed and to Homebrew HQ. Don't let the time slip by. Get those entries in for the Dixie Cup. We cannot win if we do not enter.