SAAZ defunct?

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Grumps

SAAZ defunct?

Post by Grumps »

I was going through the links for the competitions on the Lone Star Circuit web site. The Alamo City Cerveza fest goes to a Yahoo group link stating it is defunct group.

I went to www.sabeergroup.org, which is included the 2008 Alamo City Cerveza Fest. The top left corner list Bexar Brewers. So, did SAAZ change their name or did the group die and Bexar Brewers is a new one. I hope the link on the Lone Star Circuit gets fixed soon. I was trying to see what categories they will have.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Leroy -

I know that in 2006 the ACCF was co-hosted by two clubs: SAAZ and Bexar Brewers. It is possible that they have merged into a single club. This happed in Tarrant county a few years back. Fort Worth used to have a club called the Cowtown Cappers, and the mid-cities area had a club called the NEThoppers (NorthEast Tarrant). These clubs merged and now are the Cap and Hare (get it?). I am not sure that this happened in San Antonio, but it is possible. Bexar Brewers won some awards at the Bluebonnet, and I don't remember hearing SAAZ called out.

Mike