Bluebonnet Room Crawl Beer

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Bluebonnet Room Crawl Beer

Post by Mike Grover »

We need to make sure that we fill up our 13-tap kegerator for the room crawl. Who plans on bringing keg(s), and what do you plan to bring? I'm going to bring either a brown porter or a strong Scotch.
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

I'll bring a keg of American Amber.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I just brewed an Irish ale last weekend for the event. I just transfered it to secondary last night and it should not be too vile to serve to the unwashed masses.
NanoBrew

Post by NanoBrew »

I will be bringing a Special Bitter.

Anthony
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Bump.
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

I plan to help with 2nd round judging so I will be at the hotel at 12noon with my kegs.

Who will be delivering the Kegarator? Can I make arrangements to deliver my kegs to them before Friday?

When will the cooler show up? What time will they be setting up?

Looking for solutions on how to keep the beer cold before the kegarator gets going.

Please Advise,
Orlando
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I (Walter) will be bringing the kegarator.

I will be working a half day on Friday, so I won't get to the hotel until about 2:00. You may drop your keg off at my house between Wednesday and Friday if you can't find someone closer to your home that can help out.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I have an email in to James to see about our options. Since we won't be setting up the kegerator in a hotel room this year, I'm not exactly sure where it will be prior to room crawl time. There was mention of a storage room where the stuff would be staged once we shut down the room crawl at midnight. Maybe we could store it there and keep it plugged in. If not, I also asked about the possibility of putting them on the refrigerated truck (assuming there is room and it won't interfere with pulling flights).

Be sure your kegs are clearly labeled as to both owner and beer type (and beer name if you wish).
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I plan to bring a couple of kegs. Probably my pumpkin stout and either English IPA or my 60/-.

What about CO2? I have a 10 lb tank, but I'm not sure I want to disconnect it from my manifold and lug it around the hotel. If we need it, I can bring it.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

It sounds like we'll be o.k. on CO2. Walter Hodges is bringing a cylinder, and I'll probably throw a 5 pounder in as a backup. It never hurts to have folks bring a couple of extras just in case, but I wouldn't bother unrigging your tank.