Bluebonnet Log In

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

donniestyle

Bluebonnet Log In

Post by donniestyle »

We need to get organized for the log in at Richard Dobson's. We need to organize some car pooling, and we need to have some individuals with covered vehicles willing, able, and committed to bringing the entries from Homebrew Headquarters up to the log in. I for one am already committed to carting entries. They will not all fit into my truck. We need a couple more volunteers that have covered wagons.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I might be able to help you out as I have a truck also with a bed lid. When do you need to delivery the entries up to the wilderness in Oklahoma?
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I plan on going, and can either drive or ride with someone else. Should we organize folks to meet up at Homebrew HQ on Saturday morning?
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I am going. I can ride or drive. I have a Honda Civic.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

I spoke with James D yesterday, and so far the plan is to get the entries from Homebrew Headquarters on Friday. The entries need to be at Richard Dobson's on Saturday morning. I think picking up the entries on Saturday could inject delay in the log in processing, especially if they did not show up until afternoon. Typically, Houston groups show up just before noon, and by that time we usually have all of the other stuff unpacked and about half of it processed. The main goal is to complete the log in on Saturday, and hopefully by 5:00. This allows everyone to get back home before it gets late. It's a big job. We would really like to see several new faces from the NTHBA there to help, since we are the presiding club this year. If you can pick up entries on Friday, it would be best. Another thing about picking them up on Saturday would be coordinating with Homebrew HQ. My understanding is that Kelly will not be there, so that would be extra effort on his employees, which presents other issues.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Okay, so far it's me, James, possibly Jimmy, and possibly Bill hauling entries. Let's not forget the weight of these entries. It's easy to overload a vehicle. It's quite a drive. Let's not be too risky. Let's be safe and plan to get there early. I'm planning to leave around 7:00 AM. I'll be leaving from southeast Frisco; actually on the borders of McKinney, Allen, Plano, and Frisco. We could meet up there, or somewhere over near Stonebriar. From there, it's not too far to 380, then 35. Let's contact a few others to see if they might be able to help with the transport. Thanks, Don.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Spoke with Kelly. Entries are piling up. We might have to pick them up before Friday. Also, he said that log in officially starts at 10AM. I'm not sure about that. I was there at 8:30 last year, and started unpacking entries then. I don't remember what time most others showed up, but it was definitely by 10AM. Who's in charge? Let's get official. I'm still planning on leaving early. We can stop for breakfast on the way.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Here's the skinny...we usually plan to start about 9:00 but in reality it ends up being closer to 10:00 because people can't get up on Saturday morning as early as they can during the week. I plan on getting to Richard's about 8:30 to 9:00 if all goes well with my drive. Trust me guys, you can load up a car with quite a few boxes of entries and be just fine so don't be scared to do so to help out. I have loaded about 13 cases in the Corrolla between the front and back seat. I could put a few more in the trunk but will need to clean it out a little to do so. Any little bit helps...we can't log it in if it isn't at Gainesville and I doubt anyone wants to make a trip down to the HQ again to pick up stragglers.

It sounds like Kelly is going to come up to the login and will be loading his truck up on Saturday morning if he has to.

I know Mike Grover is going to pick up a few cases of entries that have arrived over the course of today (Wednesday) and Fred will pick up a few too.

James D
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

I'll be glad to help out with this. I actually still need to drop off my entries, and was planning to do so tomorrow after work. Entries are probably piling up at HBHQ, so if its not too soon, perhaps I could pick some up then.

Einar
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I would be happy to drive some entries up in my truck Saturday morning. I can not make it to Homebrew Headquarters until maybe six or so Friday evening as I work down town and don't get off until about five. If there will be somebody at the store, I would be happy to drive by and load up Friday evening. I am busy this evening running my daughter around plus it would not be too good to let all the entries sit in the back of my truck all day while I am at work Friday. Anyhow, let me know what you would like me to do, I can take a hell of alot of entries as I have a pickup (if you trust me with that much good beer that is).
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Great. It sounds like we may have this covered. Let's hope so. Than you everyone for volunteering. I look forward to seeing you all at the log in.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I am going by HBHQ Friday afternoon to load up my Civic.

Is there a phone number for Richard in case we get lost?
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I'll be by Friday after work as well. Is there anyone that is just going up there to help and needs a lift?
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

Does anyone have the address to Dobson's ranch, or a link to a map? I've tried finding one on both ours and the Bluebonnet sites, but so far no luck.
Haney

Post by Haney »

I can take a load in the 4Runner, the seats fold down and I can take one passenger. It is almost 7 feet by 3.5 ft in the back and it's covered from the elements. Tell me when and where to met up.