Commercial keg question

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Knance

Commercial keg question

Post by Knance »

My brother and I are planning a bbq in a couple months and have done the math and buying a keg of beer is cheaper than buying cases. 95% of these people think anything with more flavor than miller lite is a "heavy beer" so gotta go commercial and keep a keg of homebrew on the side.

My question is where can someone get a tap that I can hook a co2 tank up to? I checked with a couple places to get the keg and they only had the hand air pump which I would like to avoid. I want to rent one of these since this will be my first keg since college and don't see the point in buying a tap like this.

Any suggestions?
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Knance,

Stay away from the hand pumps, and look for a keg tap. I am sure you know it will keep your beer fresher allot longer.

You can buy a tap online at: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-bee ... id-49.html They start off at $27 and go up from there.

I have seen used taps at HBHQ before. They may even have some new ones. Go see Kelly and he can set you up.

If you go the new route, invest a little money and get one with a SS body and probe.

I buy keg beer when I am out of homebrew. You have alot of choices nowadays. You can get kegs from Big Buck, and Huperdinks. The Kegs and Barrels website, has a large list of keg beers http://www.kegsandbarrels.com/keg.htm (see "Download our price list." in the bottom left corner).

Orlando
Knance

Post by Knance »

Thanks for the information I was planning to stop by HBHQ and dig through their used gear.

Thanks for hte link on Kegs and Barrels, I would love to get a keg of this but it would last me forever:

SIERRA NEVADA BIGFOOT BARLEYWINE 15.5G 189
captbill

Post by captbill »

I have one that I can loan you. I am out of homebrew, since I am remodeling the house, I haven't been brewing. I just order a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I wanted to get their ESB, but they were already out. The Bigfoot looked tempting, but I think passed out drooling in front of the tv after three beers in not the way to go.
Send me an email. [email protected].