Summer Party

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

captbill

Summer Party

Post by captbill »

Just to help coordinate things for the summer party at my house.

We are having fajitas, with both chicken and beef. Ernest will be preparing the meat, so we know it will be excellent.

I will be making the guacomole and the pico de gallo and providing chips and tortillas.

What we need is for people to bring the following items.
Mexican Rice
Beans: refried or boracho
Desserts
Hot sauce.
What other treats you want to bring.

So if you will add to this discussion what you will be bringing it will be helpful.

The party is going to start around 7, soon after that the sun drops down behind my house and the back yard cools off alot. I will have the misters running and the party lights on.

I will have a large inflated beer mug in the front yard to show where to enter.

Use the gates to the back yard on the right, and remember only open one set of gates at a time. Don't want my puppy getting out.

It would be nice if we could get some type of head count so we can plan a little closer on how many people will be showing up.

Thanks

Bill James
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Bill,

Count Teri and I in. We will be bringing Frijols Borachos, and Spanish Rice.

Orlando
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I plan on attending as well. I guess I will bring some type of dessert, maybe brownies or a cake. Additionally, the club will do another bottle raffle since the last one we did worked out so well. This time, I have been asked to bring the prizes cold since it seems some of the winners wish to partake of their prizes on the spot.
Kim Rhea

Post by Kim Rhea »

Bill,
I will bring Ceviche.
Kim
captbill

Post by captbill »

Who is bringing kegs of beer. I will have the IPA that we brewed for the Iron Mash and maybe the stout from my brew day. It might be ready. I will also have some cider.

Bill
brewbuzzard

Post by brewbuzzard »

I think Deb nad I can bring some beer. I know we have hot sause and salsa.

Rich
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Hello Bill,

I'm looking forward to being there. I'm planning on bringing my wife as well. If everything works out my friend and his wife will also attend. We will bring some chips & dips and also some desserts. See you then,

John M
Haney

Post by Haney »

I will be limping up,I hope! I will bring the second place Porter from the Celtic Brew-off, Pushkin Porter(Baltic). I think my daughter will be coming with me. I will bring some hot sauce either made or bought.
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Hello Bill,

Looks like a total of 7 will be coming with me this Saturday. Talk to you then,

John
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

I'll be there with at least one keg of beer...probably my cream ale and smoked english mild. I can bring some spanish rice as well, since that remains unclaimed.

Alas, I cannot compete with John, so I will be 1.

Why is Haney limping?

Bruce
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I will bring a keg also. Additionally, I will bring my jockey box which has two faucets so if somebody wants to cool their beer down through my equipment, they are more than welcome.
Haney

Post by Haney »

I'm limping due to knee surgery on July 21st.
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I'll bring a dessert and maybe some chips.

I have a dumb question, but I'm new so I have an excuse! I'd like to bring a keg or two, but do I need to bring my CO2 tank? I don't mind bringing it, but if I don't have to lug it along that would be better.
captbill

Post by captbill »

I have one take, but to be safe, you might want to bring it.

Bill
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

It's not set in stone but I will have a total of 3 people coming but we wont be able to make it till around 8 or so. Also I might bring a keg of beer. Just have to decide if its good enough for mass consumption. Of course that means I have to taste it a few times :)