Growing Hops

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

SharpCJ8

Growing Hops

Post by SharpCJ8 »

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on this forum, so here is a quick introduction. My name is Stephen and I have been home brewing for about 3 1/2 years now. I have only done one all grain BIAB and it turned out awesome. I have a friend in Fort Worth who just started his own malting company, so naturally I have been reading up on just about everything that has to do with brewing. Last week, I decided that I wanted to grow my own hops, placed an order on www.williamsbrewing.com, received them Monday, and now they are in my back yard. I planted them yesterday, and would like to hear any input from those who grow their own hops here in the Dallas area. I look forward to hearing from y'all and hopefully make it to a meeting/brew day soon.

Thanks again,
Stephen
BigWally

Re: Growing Hops

Post by BigWally »

I have not tried growing hops. However several members have and had some luck. I'd suggest posting your question on the main club web page now. The forum has not had much activity in a while and people have kind of forgotten about it. I really brought the forum over from our old server just because there is some good information buried in it. I'd suggest posting your question/comment in the Brewing Information group.

Walter
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.