2016 Officers

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

BigWally

2016 Officers

Post by BigWally »

It's time to start thinking about officers for 2016. Your current board has served the last two years and is in need of a break. None of the jobs are too demanding, but some require more attention and care. The officers are responsible for the direction of the club, its continued success and survival.

I spoke with several folks at the May meeting about the roles and time requirements. For the most part, a position will not require more than 5-10 hours per month of your time. There is an officer's meeting on the first Tuesday and the club meeting on the second Tuesday. Outside of the meetings, there are some things that must be done each month or on a regular basis. Each officer's roles and responsibilities are outlined in a document located here: http://nthba.org/content/officer-tasks

If you have the time and desire to help make the NTHBA a great homebrew club, please consider running for a position in 2016. Elections are in November, so you have plenty of time to think about it. If you are interested in running, I would strongly suggest that you start attending the officer's meetings. The officer meeting locations are published on the web site each month and announced on Facebook. These meetings are a great opportunity for you to learn about the club's inner-workings.

Ask not what your homebrew club can do for you, ask what you can do for your homebrew club!
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
captbill

Re: 2016 Officers

Post by captbill »

Toss my hat into the ring, not president or secretary please.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

captbill wrote:Toss my hat into the ring, not president or secretary please.
AWESOME!
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Thanks Bill!
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Ena1512

Post by Ena1512 »

I will volunteer for any role needed, again not pres or secretary, etc., as I travel at least one week each month. For other roles, I can support remotely if required. I have only been with the club for a year and a half, and have been able to attend 2 or 3 events so far, but I am a very passionate homebrewer, and have been for over 15 years. In any event, if you need someone to run, I would be happy to do so. Thanks.

Eric N.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Ena1512 wrote:I will volunteer for any role needed, again not pres or secretary, etc., as I travel at least one week each month. For other roles, I can support remotely if required. I have only been with the club for a year and a half, and have been able to attend 2 or 3 events so far, but I am a very passionate homebrewer, and have been for over 15 years. In any event, if you need someone to run, I would be happy to do so. Thanks.

Eric N.
Thank you for stepping up. Please send a short biography to [email protected]. Include your name, and a brief explanation on why you want to be an officer.