Club Meeting Locations

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

BigWally

Club Meeting Locations

Post by BigWally »

We are looking for suggestions for meeting locations. There are a couple of guidelines we use when scheduling a venue.

1. They must be able to accommodate 30-40 of us in a separate room since we use the PA system
2. Food would be nice
3. Beer is great, but some place that is BYOB would be awesome

If you know of a place post your suggestions here.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Texarado_Brewer

Re: Club Meeting Locations

Post by Texarado_Brewer »

I haven't been to the Old Chicago at Mockingbird Station since it opened so I don't know if they have a separate area big enough for a club meeting, but they are worth looking into.
NoJoke

Post by NoJoke »

I have always liked meeting at breweries and now with more any more opening that should give us a few more options. Community has a big area, Texas Ale Project looks like it has some room, Lakewood's expansion should be done in early 2015 or even Grapevine. Mellowmushroom in Rockwall has a section upstairs but I am not sure if they would block it off or not. Since we have our meetings during the week The Bottle Shop is usually dead around that time, unless they are having a special release.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming.
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

Don't forget Shannon brewery in Keller, they would love to have us... check out that business card I gave you...
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

RobDrechsler wrote:Don't forget Shannon brewery in Keller, they would love to have us... check out that business card I gave you...
They're quite a way out west. Maybe we can coordinate a Saturday club brewery tour out there.
peccavi

Post by peccavi »

Palio's Pizza in The Colony has a back room and is BYOB. Not sure how large that room is but it seems about as big as the one we used at the Londoner. It is only few blocks north of 121 on Main so easy to find.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

peccavi wrote:Palio's Pizza in The Colony has a back room and is BYOB. Not sure how large that room is but it seems about as big as the one we used at the Londoner. It is only few blocks north of 121 on Main so easy to find.
Thanks. We'll check into it.