NTHBA Made a Move This Year

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

BrewerDon

NTHBA Made a Move This Year

Post by BrewerDon »

In the Lone Star Circuit, our club didn't win this year but we were the most improved of the big hitters.
Of the top 4 clubs, we were the only one to receive more points this year compared to last year. We actually improved by 42 points. That's pretty impressive considering that the other clubs went down in their totals.

So we've got that going for us!

Here are the point standings from 2013:
Austin Zealots 280
Bay Area Mashtronauts 226
Foam Rangers 211
North Texas Home Brewers 108

Here are the point standings from 2014:
Austin Zealots 269
Foam Rangers 164
North Texas Home Brewers 150
Bay Area Mashtronauts 121
Mike Grover

Re: NTHBA Made a Move This Year

Post by Mike Grover »

Good observations! We also had a lot of different folks entering and winning. We did not have one or two dominant brewers that entered huge numbers of beers and carried us as a club. As you can see in our Brewer of the Year standings, we have seven different brewers who picked up at least six points (equivalent to two first place finishes). Those seven brewers account for 100 points. The other third of our points came from many different members who picked up a few points here and there. One lesson from this year's LSC is that we really need to bomb the Dixie Cup with entries. Another trend is that there are more small clubs and independent brewers winning LSC points. Since we won't have any new LSC competition results to report, I'll take a look back at how NTHBA and our competitors performed in each of the competitions this year in my December newsletter article.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
mtodd

Re: NTHBA Made a Move This Year

Post by mtodd »

My little club in Katy - The Cane Island Alers ended up with 23 points this year. We are very happy with that result considering this year is the first year that most of our members have ever entered a competition. We ran our first BJCP sanctioned competition this year also and are looking forward to growing that event more this next year with the eventual goal of making it a stop on the Lone Star Circuit. Once we finalize the changes for our event this coming year I will be sure to share with you NTHBA folks....I would love to see a flood of entries coming from you guys. Our Best of Show winner last year was your very own David Lee. Looking forward to the Bluebonnet....I will definitely be there this coming year after missing it last year due to some home renovations.