New competition for 2014 - Katy, TX

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

mtodd

New competition for 2014 - Katy, TX

Post by mtodd »

Hey guys....just wanted to give you a heads up that the Cane Island Alers (CIA) based in Katy, TX are hosting a new BJCP and AHA sanctioned competition this year. We are partnering with the Wild West Brew Fest that is sponsored by the Katy Rotary Club to put together a single style competition. Entry deadline will be April 19th. We are limiting the competition to a single style this year as it is our first year and we are a fairly small club. The style this year will be BJCP Category 10 - American Ales. This includes all 3 sub-categories. We are limiting entrants to a single entry in each subcategory and entry fees are $8 per entry.

You can mail your entries to: No Label Brewing, 5351 1st Street, Bldg A, Katy, TX 77493

I hope that some of you will help support our efforts in getting this new competition off the ground this first year. We hope to make it even larger next year.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the Bluebonnet this year. I am going to miss the good time for sure. I always look back on my time in the NTHBA as one where I learned a lot about brewing and making my beer better. It is definitely one of the biggest things I miss since moving to Houston from Dallas back in 2005.
mtodd

Re: New competition for 2014 - Katy, TX

Post by mtodd »

I have seen a couple of entries from NTHBA members in Operation Fermentation. Just a quick reminder that entries close on April 19th. Category 10....Brown, Pale or Amber.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

We talked up this competition at the meeting last night. Good luck.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Thanks for the plug Wally. I did see a few more NTHBA entries pop up. We are hoping next year to expand the styles and accept more than just one category. Baby steps....