Brewer Royale - Scottish & Irish Ales

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Brewer Royale - Scottish & Irish Ales

Post by Mike Grover »

If you have any Scottish or Irish ales (BJCP Category 9) on hand be sure to enter them in the Brewer Royale club only competition. Only one bottle is needed, and you can drop them off at Dallas Homebrew or Homebrew Headquarters through Saturday, February 1st. I will be looking for a couple of judges to help out late next week or over next weekend as I am hoping to have the results before our next club meeting.

Pros't!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
BigWally

Re: Brewer Royale - Scottish & Irish Ales

Post by BigWally »

I should be able to help judge next week.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Mike Grover

Re: Brewer Royale - Scottish & Irish Ales

Post by Mike Grover »

Congrat's to the winners of our first Brewer Royale event of 2014: Scottish and Irish Ales. For those that were unable to make our February club meeting at Rugby House, here are the winners:

1st Place: Charlene Hoke with Irish Redneck (Current Brewer Royale leader with 3 points)
2nd Place: Barrett Tillman with Black Man Brew Scottish 70/
3rd Place: David Lee with a Strong Scotch/Wee Heavy

We had six entries and no stinkers (that is, all were good beers). Thanks to all of our entrants and be sure to enter our next event in April for Celtic beers (English/Irish/Scottish styles). The April competition is open to a lot more styles so I anticipate quite a few entries. When you are bottling your entries for the Celtic Brew-Off be sure to fill an extra bottle for the new Brewer Royale competition. Check the newsletter and club website for updates on upcoming Brewer Royale events.

Cheers!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright