2nd Annual Labor of Love-Fest of Ales at DEBC

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

DeepEllumBrewEVENTS

2nd Annual Labor of Love-Fest of Ales at DEBC

Post by DeepEllumBrewEVENTS »

Hello Homebrewers!

We would like to welcome you to our 2nd Annual Labor of Love - Fest of Ales Home Brew Competition at Deep Ellum Brewing Company.

Please see YouTube link below from the 1st Annual's Event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wC2QlY5JDY

Space is limited! The date is Sept 1st, 2013 Times are TBD (in the area of 4-10pmish)

Live Music (Shane Smith is our headliner, the country rock singer/songwriter is amazingly kick-ass), food trucks, our beer and of course yours!
Ticket sales are also TBD.

We sold 700 tickets last year, expect to sell even more this year. Judging this year will be our first, Judges are TBD and will be prominent folks in the DFW Beer Community.

Judging will take place beginning of event and will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Appearance
2. Smell
3. Taste
4. Mouthfell
5. Overall

***Brewers will drop two 12oz bottles off at Homebrew Headquarters or Wine Makers Toy store by Saturday 8/24 ***

We will also have a People's Choice Award during the event.

Winners will get cool stuff, gift packages, trophies, etc., will fill up this summer on that. What WE might do, overall winner, DEBC will produce a "limited release" of that beer. Sound cool?

I am reaching out to you early this year because we want you to start home brewing your batches asap on this. If you are already brewing it or storing it, cool, use it. Be creative, brew whatever you like! We will have some good press here so be sure not to shave your beards...

The Skinny:

WE will provide you hops of your choice depending on our availability (up to 5oz) and Pale Malt (up to 20 lbs) if you need it!
WE will have custom glassware
WE will also give you all a PLUS ONE ticket

What we need from you:
A way to distribute it and serve it.
(we will have extra sanke jockey boxes, but you might need your homebrew systems)
Any promotional material and tents. We will have 6ft tables.

Much more to come, but this is the knockout Hoorah!

Any questions or concerns please start on this thread.
You may also reach out to me directly.

Cheers and beers,

Zack Fickey
Special Events Ninja
Deep Ellum Brewing Co.
[email protected]
Last edited by DeepEllumBrewEVENTS on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheMacheteMasher

Re: 2nd Annual Labor of Love-Fest of Ales at DEBC

Post by TheMacheteMasher »

I am in on all accounts. As longs as DEBC event is legit or better.

Sign me up!

Slicing up the mash -since 2011
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Sounds like a blast. I missed last year's event, but have my calendar blocked for it this year.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Yeah I did it last year and it was fun. DEBC has a large crowd of fans, some of them young and hot. My only concern is the number of tickets that they plan to sell. The crowd gets so big that you can hardly move. Although the beer garden area is fairly large, 700 people will fill it up quickly. I think the patrons like our efforts and the admission price is pretty cheap considering what you get; all the beer you can drink, live music and food. Last year it was fun watching one of our single members putting the moves on one of the nicer looking attendees; he got shot down in the end but not for lack of effort. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
DeepEllumBrewEVENTS

Hello Home Brewers,

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. DEBC sure did.

I am drafting up a list of all who are interested in attending, can you please email me at [email protected] if you are.

NOTE: WE are going to expand this event out front of our brewery, pulling a permit for the city lawn. Expecting 3,000+ people, with as much as 30-40 home brewers.

Get Ready!

Zack
AmbassadorBrewing

Post by AmbassadorBrewing »

Picked up our supplies today, make sure you bring something to put the hops and grain in. I can't wait to have our beer there again.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Hey AmbassadorBrewing, who are you? How about putting your name in your signature.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
landon

Post by landon »

jimmyorkin wrote:Hey AmbassadorBrewing, who are you? How about putting your name in your signature.
Hey Jimmy that was Aaron, my coworker and member of the NTHBA, but I'm sure you know me better (Landon). He was with me when we picked up the Grain and hops. Although "Ambassador Brewing" is the name we've given the set up I have here at my place.

Thanks again DEBC for letting me grab the ingredients from you!! Can't wait to go to the event this year. I'm sure it'll be a blast like last year's.
DankDogBrewing

Post by DankDogBrewing »

I would love to be part of this. How do you sign up? And is there still room to enter as an individual or even a slot open at the NTHBA table? Brew riot was a blast so this will be epic. :D
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

DankDogBrewing wrote:I would love to be part of this. How do you sign up? And is there still room to enter as an individual or even a slot open at the NTHBA table? Brew riot was a blast so this will be epic. :D
Contact Zack at [email protected] and let him know you want to participate. There won't be a NTHBA table, though we are planning on bringing the keggerator (limited to 12 kegs).

We are still working out the details.
DeepEllumBrewEVENTS

Thanks to all who have signed up!

This Sept 1st, Labor Day weekend is going to be a big step forward to last years Labor of Love - Fest of Ales event. Expect more beer, both Home Brew Beer and Craft Beer in Market. We also will get alot more street credit as we will be expanding this out our doors and into the front lawn. Big music performers are in contract and quite possibly, 75 degrees Fahrenheit (well I cant predict the weather, but we will have tents, lots of them.

We have many more spots so please spread the word. REMEMBER, we will provide you with up to 20 lbs of malt and 5 oz of hops!

Cheers

Zack Fickey
Special Events Ninja
DEBC - Deep Ellum
[email protected]
clay.bell

Post by clay.bell »

I'm in, I think I'm OK on grain, but what kind of Grain and hops do they have?
Also I've got a 4 port jockey box.

- Clay
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

clay.bell wrote:I'm in, I think I'm OK on grain, but what kind of Grain and hops do they have?
Also I've got a 4 port jockey box.

- Clay
Did you email Zack? That is how you register. His email is in an earlier post.
DeepEllumBrewEVENTS

Entry Registration has begun. Please email me for the PDF if you have not yet received it.
[email protected]
clay.bell

Post by clay.bell »

I'm in. I'll have 2 open taps on my jockey box for whoever needs.