Jester King Coolship!!!

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

RyanD

Jester King Coolship!!!

Post by RyanD »

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/first-100- ... lship-brew

In 18 months or so we can get some commercial 100% wild fermentented TX beer! I know Barrett will find this as interesting as I did.
Bill Lawrence

Re: Jester King Coolship!!!

Post by Bill Lawrence »

There you go Barrett, you gotta get you one of those things. I must warn you however, if you come anywhere close to my beer I'm tak'in the hose to you to wash off those wierd bugs least you infect my operatation. Seriously, though interesting, I suspect one could make some serious swill brewing like that. There is a reason that brewers got into microbiology and isolated yeast strains. Of course I'm just guessing but I suspect that back in the day many beers tasted awful and it was all about avoiding drinking the water and getting a buzz on. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

You're absolutely right. Its really a hit or miss process with fully wild fermentation. You can waste gallons of wort, but you could also make an amazing beer that no one else can replicate, somethign truly unique to your area.
TheMacheteMasher

Post by TheMacheteMasher »

Great post, How about that milky turbid mash! Can't wait to see how what becomes of this batch. Jester King is making some great beers my experiments are all swill compared to those guys. I am learning little by little. No hosing needed I've learned bad beer should never leave your brewery except by drainage pipe.

Slicing up the mash -since 2011