Club Kegerator Brew for BB2013

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

TheMacheteMasher

Club Kegerator Brew for BB2013

Post by TheMacheteMasher »

What's everyone bringing for the club kegerator? Let's have some fun with this.

I last year we had no shortage of beers. What's in your cellar?

Slicing up the mash -since 2011
RyanD

Re: Club Kegerator Brew for BB2013

Post by RyanD »

Is bringing a couple 1/2 - 2/3 full kegs acceptable or is that bad form? I haven't been out to BB before, so I don't know if its cool to bring partially full kegs.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

RyanD wrote:Is bringing a couple 1/2 - 2/3 full kegs acceptable or is that bad form? I haven't been out to BB before, so I don't know if its cool to bring partially full kegs.
As long as it taste good, I don't care if the keg is half full. If we have an abundance of kegs, we'll be rotating them out through the night.

Closer to the event I'll be looking for volunteers to man/woman the keggerator during the evening.

<soapbox>I think we should really be strict about who we serve. No event bracelet, No Beer! I think we should be careful about overserving too. Granted lots of folks are staying at the hotel, many are not (besides being drunk in the hotel can get you a P.I.). If someone is obviously wasted, we should not be serving them. I know a lot of this falls back on the BB committee, and I hate to be a kill-joy, but we really do need to be careful.</soapbox>
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I'll probably bring some of Barrett's oak aged Strong Dark.

Yeah, all it would take is have one idiot wrap his car around a telephone pole and we might have a problem. Of course, in that enviornment, it's very difficult to tell when somebody is wasted. Actually, it really amazes me that there really hasn't been a problem that I know about given all the years this event has been going on. In the old days when the room crawl was really a crawl seems like everybody was over the top I guess God takes care of drunks and fools.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
TheMacheteMasher

Brewing an American Brown for the club kegerator tonight. Stole the recipe from some guy in the club. :wink:

I also plan to dry hop (AU Topaz?) a Dubbel with caramelized palm sugar brewed last year. Both should be good.

Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

You're gonna dry hop a Dubbel? Man, you are one crazy lad. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
TheMacheteMasher

Brewed two versions of this beer. The better one I saved it for later. I love the beer just think it would be better with hops!

..Thought you might like the hop data..

The flavor potential of Topaz (cultivar number TC-85-70) went unnoticed for some time, as it was sold primarily for alpha acid. However, when used as a late addition, it is capable of contributing very pleasant light tropical fruit characters (lychee), overlying a satisfying earthy background. Dry hopping results in a more resinous, grassy character which remains very approachable. The perception of the flavor contributed by Topaz is modulated by the specific combination of malt, yeast, brewing and fermentation conditions used, with the lighter tropical fruit characters more pronounced in higher gravity brews.

http://www.hops.com.au/pdfs/Topaz-SW.pdf