Christmas Party

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Juicer82

Christmas Party

Post by Juicer82 »

I think it would be great if we could get a brass quintet to play Christmas tunes at the party. Does this sound like a good idea????
BigWally

Re: Christmas Party

Post by BigWally »

Don't know where we'd put them. The party gets pretty crowded as it is.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well, if it would make the festivities any merrier, once I get good and liquored up I'm willing to play holiday tunes on my kazoo.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

Bill Lawrence wrote:Well, if it would make the festivities any merrier, once I get good and liquored up I'm willing to play holiday tunes on my kazoo.
I believe you are required to do this now. It won't be the same without it.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I assume we are doing the White Elephant gift exchange as usual this year. To participate, bring a wrapped gift (approximate value $10).

Also as was done in the past, we have collected canned food for one of the local food banks. We'll have a tub near the front door to collect food.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Is the club keggorator going to be in the house? If the answer to that question is no then perhaps it makes sense to get a keg of decent holiday themed commerical beer, maybe something from one of our new local breweries? I don't know what's going on with the club finances right now but I'm willing to bet that the club can afford it plus I suspect there will be quite a crowd as the club has grown so large, just a thought.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I was planning on having the keggerator at the party. Just have to figure out how to get it there, since some ass-wipe stole my trailer.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Yeah, the criminal element is screwing up our holiday fun.
truckpoetry

Post by truckpoetry »

Are there details on the Christmas party posted anywhere? Do we need to bring food/beer/whatever in addition to white elephant gifts and canned food donations?

Looking forward to it...
Cameron Mathews
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

We will have the club keggerator on-site if anyone wants to bring a keg of beer. As for the food, Texas de Brazil will be catering meat, salad and mashed potatoes. Members can bring sides or desserts.
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

Is there a meetup or any other kind of sign up or do we just show up?

Any clue what time the raffle drawing and white elephant usually happen?
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I think there maybe a meetup, but I'm not sure. We usually start the white elephant around 8:00 - 8:30.

With the weather forcast to be in the upper 70s on Saturday, we are planning on getting some tables and chairs for the back yard, giving us more space for folks to sit while they eat. Maybe we'll do the white elephant outside. I'll have O'Blivions setup in the garage like last year with tables and the keggerator.

Don't forget to bring some canned food for the local food bank.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Ok, so is anyone bringing anything interesting to drink to the party that you made yourself? I did a little bottling last night and while I was at it jumped some Octoberfest into one of my mini-kegs so I'm bringing that. I may also bring a couple bottles of my higher octane swill, I know I have some Oud Bruin floating around and I have a Saison which I bretted, it's a couple years old now and it's quite interesting. I'll just need to dig around in my bottle cases and see what I can find. Oh and Barrett, besides trying some of my Octoberfest I put by a bottle of Double Bock which you can try out and tell me if it's any good (my example may be overly malty, you'll have to tell me what you think). :D
truckpoetry

Post by truckpoetry »

I wouldn't say "interesting" but I'll bring a few bottles of something in a cooler. I think I'm out of my bacon-infused Porker Porter, but I may have some vegetarian beer options like my pumpkin beer or cyser around. Granted, if I had CO2, I could have kegged up the Kolsch I have in my carboy and carbonated it, but alas, I don't have a full keg setup yet...so a few bottles it is.
Cameron Mathews
Charlie Walker

Post by Charlie Walker »

Can we pay our dues at the Christmas party?
Have not been active or to a meeting in a while and guess by membership has lapsed, not receiving emails/newsletters.
The only thing homemade I have to bring is some mead.

Long time member but I guess I am not "active".
cw