November Brew Day

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brian B

November Brew Day

Post by Brian B »

Saturday Nov ember 3rd is the American Homebrewers Associations 14th annual Learn to Brew Day. It is also the clubs next brew day. The brew day will be hosted at Dallas Home Brew, aka The Wine Makers Toy Store. I am looking for volunteers to brew at the event. There are so many ways to brew great beer and different types of systems to brew on. It can get over whelming to the new all grain or extract brewer. We will have people brewing on a Blichmann Top Tier system, a traditional three tier system, a Brutus 10 style system, extract brewers and others. If you are thinking about going all grain or making additions to you system this will be a great event to see multiple brewing systems in one place and ask questions about the systems.

To help encourage brewing at the event, the store will provide Rahr 2 Row for the all grain brewers and Briess Golden light liquid malt extract for extract brewers brewing at the store that day. If you brew, you will still be responsible for specialty grains, hops and yeast. We will have electricity and water available. If you would like to brew at this event please let me know by email at [email protected] , respond to this post or call me at the store and let me know you will be brewing. The number is 866-417-1114. If you are not brewing stop by the store at 1500 N I-35E, suite 116 Carrollton TX 75006 and chat with brewers new and old.

Brian
JGraham

Re: November Brew Day

Post by JGraham »

Brian,

I definitely plan on brewing Saturday. I'll be brewing a 5 gal. all-grain batch of a Robust Porter with some "special" specialty ingredients. Also, can we bring homebrew and/or commercial beers to the brewday?

Thanks,

Graham
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I will be brewing a Brown Porter on my Blickmann TopTier.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

JGraham wrote:Brian,

I definitely plan on brewing Saturday. I'll be brewing a 5 gal. all-grain batch of a Robust Porter with some "special" specialty ingredients. Also, can we bring homebrew and/or commercial beers to the brewday?

Thanks,

Graham
Home brew is fine to bring, I would like to keep the commercial beer to a minimum.

Brian