Brew Day at Big Buck

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

captbill

Brew Day at Big Buck

Post by captbill »

I was at Kellys today and saw a flyer for homebrew demonstration at the Big Buck brewery sponsered by the local home brew clubs. Anyone know anything about it?

It is happening on August 4.

So lets see, brewing this Saturday at my House, next Saturday at the Iron Mash and the weekend after that at Big Buck. Hmmmm

Bill James
captbill

Post by captbill »

So is anyone going to the Big Buck Brewin? If I go and take my rig and Canopy, who from our club will show up? Maybe to just buy me a beer and supply support. I haven't decided yet. Though I do need to get a stout made.

Bill
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Sorry to say I will be out of town this weekend or I would be there. My son is completing his basic training in the US Army at Fort Knox's so I'm headed to see him.

John
captbill

Post by captbill »

To all.

I just talked to Raymond the brewmeister at Big Buck. There is no club sponsorship, the reason he is doing it, is that Bass Pro Shop is doing their fall sale thing. He said that Bass Pro Shop is supposed to have some signage there to point people over to us.
He will be cooking hot dogs and stuff on the patio.

I told him that I will be there, and as usual we have access to water and electricity. We also have access to ice, which will help in cooling down the wort.

Kelly told me he will be there to pass out literature. Fred, we can hang the sign off of the canopy if you bring it. I would also advise having our own literature for our club there too.

Bill