Big Texas Beer Fest

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

ejonsson

Big Texas Beer Fest

Post by ejonsson »

I don't know if anyone has heard about this yet. There is going to be a beer festival at Fair Park in April.

Big Texas Beer Fest
Einar Jonsson
BigWally

Re: Big Texas Beer Fest

Post by BigWally »

I saw this too. Looks like tickets are $35 for general admission that includes a taster glass. There's a VIP ticket for $60 that gets you in an hour early and includes a brew caddy.

You get a tasting card good for 12 2oz samples. Additional cards are available for $2.

It looks like a good event. 300+ beers and you can ride the train down to Fair Park.

Who's going?
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
RyanWeary

Post by RyanWeary »

Seeing as it's just around the corner from us, the wife and I will be there.

On a side note - 2oz. samples?? This must be a blue law restriction.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ~ Frank Sinatra
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

hmmm $35 and two additional cards, total $39 for 36 oz's.. slightly more than $1 and oz... I think I'll just go over to WF, they give samples for free :lol:
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
RyanWeary

Post by RyanWeary »

RobDrechsler wrote:hmmm $35 and two additional cards, total $39 for 36 oz's.. slightly more than $1 and oz... I think I'll just go over to WF, they give samples for free :lol:
You're a little off. Additional cards are a quantity of (12) 2-oz. samples = 24 more ounces. That's 48 oz. of beer for a mere $39. Now that's a bargain! :P Whatever - I'm still going to go and have a good time.

Look at it this way. Admission to the event is $35 with 12 complimentary samples. Additional samples are 16-2/3 cents each. How could you possibly pass that up?
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ~ Frank Sinatra
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

If you are just counting the cost against the beer, then yes, it is not a cheap event. But they will have live music too. Besides, it supports the local beer scene, something Dallas has been woefully lacking.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
RyanWeary

Post by RyanWeary »

Finally bought tickets for my wife and I to go. I sprung for the VIP tickets since that will get us into the Deep Ellum Brewery party later in the day. Any other NTHBA'ers going??
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

I will be there. Decided to do VIP also.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
RyanWeary

Post by RyanWeary »

Very cool. I'll probably be there with my NTHBA work shirt on.
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Check out the No Label booth. Tell Jacob you like the giant head on the side of his car. :)
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

mtodd wrote:Check out the No Label booth. Tell Jacob you like the giant head on the side of his car. :)
Will that get me something special ?:)
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Probably not but if you tell him who told you to say that he will probably get a laugh out of it. Jacob was a volunteer at No Label with me and he just went to work for them part time doing marketing and stuff. He is also a realtor and has one of those wraps on his car that features his face covering more than the entire door on both sides of the car. I always give him crap about it. :D