2012 COC Info

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

ejonsson

2012 COC Info

Post by ejonsson »

I got some questions at last night's meeting regarding the upcoming COCs, and it reminded that I hadn't posted some important information yet.

The club COCs are free to enter, and open to all NTHBA members. All entrants will receive scoresheets, filled out by the judges. Points are awarded, 3 for first place, 2 for second, 1 for third. The total points will determine the winner of the Brewer Royale award, which is awarded at the Christmas Party in December.

Entry requirements:

1 bottle, 10 - 14 oz., with an AHA bottle label attached with a rubber band, do not use tape or glue

Entries can be dropped off at the following locations:

Homebrew Headquarters 
300 N. Coit Rd. Suite 134 
Richardson, TX 75080

The Wine Maker's Toy Store 
1300 N I-35 Suite 106 
Carrollton, TX 75006

In addition, I'll be glad to receive entries at club events, such as brew days, parties, meetings, etc., prior to the deadline.

The club COC winner will have the opportunity to send their beer to the AHA COC and represent our club.  Instructions for entry can be found here on the AHA website.  The AHA COC will require 2 bottles, and the entry/recipe form will need to be filled out completely.

Keep in mind, the club will cover the entry and shipping costs, and I will be glad to help get the entry shipped off.

2012 COC Schedule

January/February - Dark Lagers - BJCP Category 4 - January 27th

March/April - Stouts - BJCP Category 13 - March 3rd

May - Scottish and Irish Ales - BJCP Category 9 - TBD

August - Porter - BJCP Category 12 - TBD

September/October - Light Hybrid - BJCP Category 6 - TBD

November/December - Ant Hayes Memorial Burton (Olde) Ale - BJCP Cat. 19A - October 26th

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of assistance.
Einar Jonsson