Iron Mash 2007

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Iron Mash 2007

Post by Mike Grover »

I wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming Iron Mash on July 28th. According to the Cap & Hare folks, the sign ups are a little slow coming in this year. If you are planning on attending and already have your team together, head over to capandhare.net to sign up. As with all such events, it really helps the organizers if folks sign up early. Perhaps because of the weather this event has kind of crept up on everyone. It is easy to forget that we are already well into summer and the event is only 3 weeks away!

If you are thinking about participating but haven't teamed up with anyone yet, the July club meeting this Tuesday would be a good place to do some planning. Teams can be 2 or 3 brewers. If you are a new brewer or just want to see what the Iron Mash is all about, consider joining up with a more experienced brewer or two and helping out.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

It doesn't appear that Rahr's is going to have the BBQ people there this weekend from the post Larry has on the Cap and Hare discussion board asking for people to bring food. I'm pretty sure we don't want tofurkey and since Larry is a vegetarian, that is what he will be bringing. We might want to bring some sort of food, basically like we do for parties to make sure plenty of food is around for the day. I'll try and stop by and pick up a case or so of water and have it iced down for the day too.

James D.
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

I can have a large pan of slow cooked baked beans ready by then..Mmmm Beer and Beans....

sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

I'm planning on going to support our club teams. If anyone needs a ride let me know. I can take two-three. I'm only planning on staying until 1pm or so. See you then,

John