Keggle Help?

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

rack04

Keggle Help?

Post by rack04 »

I'm looking on craigslist for a keg shell with the hopes of converting it to a keggle. Anyone in Dallas/Garland/Plano/Addison area that has the tools and skills to cut the lid and weld two 1/2" couplings?
groovyslick

Re: Keggle Help?

Post by groovyslick »

i can cut but not weld
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

a cheap angle grinder from HF or NT will get the job done, just buy some cutoff wheels for metal... did it last night... plenty of videos on youtube which show you how to convert the keg..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

currently using paint thinner to get all the glue off the keggles... next step will be an orbital with 220 -320 grit and then maybe 600 grit.. shine it up real nice... don't intend to get an rouge out to make it sparkle though..

anyone have a favorite spout locations they wish to share?

my first keggle, was purchased, has a a lower and a mid spout which are in alignment .. I may do two lower spouts 45* from each other...
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
rack04

Post by rack04 »

RobDrechsler wrote:a cheap angle grinder from HF or NT will get the job done, just buy some cutoff wheels for metal... did it last night... plenty of videos on youtube which show you how to convert the keg..
Did you use a jig or did you do it free hand?
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

rack04 wrote:
RobDrechsler wrote:a cheap angle grinder from HF or NT will get the job done, just buy some cutoff wheels for metal... did it last night... plenty of videos on youtube which show you how to convert the keg..
Did you use a jig or did you do it free hand?

freehand, you won't get a perfect circle, but who cares... you'll also want to get a grinding wheel for it to smooth out all the edges... I might be bringing it to the next brew day if I can borrow a step bit..
groovyslick

Post by groovyslick »

i got a jig and a grinder and a step bit....and the brewday is at my house.
rack04

Post by rack04 »

groovyslick wrote:i got a jig and a grinder and a step bit....and the brewday is at my house.
I hope I can make the brew day. Never been to one but I just joined the club so I am exited to meet everyone.
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

rack04 wrote:
groovyslick wrote:i got a jig and a grinder and a step bit....and the brewday is at my house.
I hope I can make the brew day. Never been to one but I just joined the club so I am exited to meet everyone.

brewday is where it all happens... come on out and have some fun..
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

awesome..