Sad Morning

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

RyanWeary

Sad Morning

Post by RyanWeary »

So I brewed a Munich Helles to take to my wife's family reunion this coming weekend. I had 12psi on the keg and drew a sample last night to check the carbonation levels....almost there but not quite. So I upped the pressure to 20psi and overnight something went wrong and all of the beer drained from my keg onto my dining room floor out of my kegerator. :(

Luckily I have a backup IPA to take with me, but man, a Helles takes some time and with one stupid mistake (not disconnecting my liquid line) I'm out 5 gallons of what was shaping up to be a great beer......

I'm more ticked off that 20psi blew the liquid like off. I've never had that happen before, now I have to check the entire system before I tap another beer.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ~ Frank Sinatra
RobDrechsler

Re: Sad Morning

Post by RobDrechsler »

that and the fact your wife will never trust you leaving a keg in the house again .... my condolences
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
RyanWeary

Re: Sad Morning

Post by RyanWeary »

I found the leak. When I replaced the liquid lines after last cleaning (just before this tapping) I failed to tighten a hose clamp sufficiently. At least I found the source of the problem quickly. All fixed and pouring my house IPA quite nicely now.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ~ Frank Sinatra