Brewday 4/30/11- Who's brewing?

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Brewday 4/30/11- Who's brewing?

Post by Brewboy »

Who's going to be brewing a Anthony and Greta's brewday?

Just curious how many there's going to be.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
BrotherhoodBrew

Re: Brewday 4/30/11- Who's brewing?

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

I will be there with the system.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Awsome and Brutus 10 system and Anthony's Death Star brewing system on functional display. I'll be there with my Getto brewing system as well. Anyone else?
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

damn, can't make this one.. but will be there for the next..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
BrotherhoodBrew

It looks like I will be brewing a Belgian Blonde. Made the starter last night. I'm sure you guys will try to feed me beer to mess it up :)
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

I'm bringing a keg of Octoberfest that's lagered for a year. Tim is bringing a selection of special brews that are sure to please though I'll be trying to get him to hold those back unitl later in the evening. Perhaps I should bring a selection of strong ales and imperial stouts to ensure that you mess up.

I'll be brewing for the limbo, I'm thinking an English Special Bitter or two, may do 10 gal and ferment with 2 different yeasts. I'll be pitching a starter of West Yorkshire Ale yeast this evening, might as well do a WLP002 as well.
Scott Townson
WoodBrew

Post by WoodBrew »

I'd like to come, but I probably won't be able to make it over there til 2pm or so (just in time to help clean up, I guess). Will anyone still be there or should I pass?
BrotherhoodBrew

There will still normally be people hanging around. The brewing will probably be wrapping up but some people tend to show up later if they are traveling to brew.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
NanoBrew

Post by NanoBrew »

Do you likge gadgets? Building your own brewing equipment? Have been thinking about building your own brew rig? Or are just a lazy brewer like me and want to have the batch brew itselt? If the answer to any of these questions is yes then be sure to attend tomorrow's brew day. The technical discussion will be around HERMS and RIMS temperature control techniques and will take place around 11:30 to noonish depending on when I can get a good break away from my mash or boil, which also depends on how much of Scott's Oktoberfest I have had by then :wink:

I will also be conducting an experiment tomorrow and will be looking for your feedback on two identical Bohemial Pilsner's that I brewed this past winter. The only difference between the two beers is that one was done with a step mash and the other with a single infusion. There's always plenty of debate as the whether or not step mashing adds any value when using highly modified malts. (It certainly adds to the length of the brew day) So I will have both on blind taps tomorrow and will be taking votes on which one is preferred.

FYI, If you can't make the brew day or just want to sneak peak at the HERMS and RIMS discussion the notes for tommorow are attached.

Cheers!
Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When in doubt, your beer is always the fullest.
Anthony Perea
jonw

Post by jonw »

I'm very new to the brewing scene and still an extract brewer, would be keen to come out there and learn from some of you vets if that is possible.
BrotherhoodBrew

jonw wrote:I'm very new to the brewing scene and still an extract brewer, would be keen to come out there and learn from some of you vets if that is possible.
Show up and ask all the questions you want. It's open to everyone and there are a lot of brewers minds to pick.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
MixnMatchBrew

Post by MixnMatchBrew »

I will be there.

I plan to brew something. If I remember how.
Bargainfittings.com

Past President, NTHBA (2011)
[email protected]
BrotherhoodBrew

Great brewday, Thanks for having us over!
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
WoodBrew

Post by WoodBrew »

I had a great time yesterday and it was great to meet all of you! You'll definitely be seeing me at future events!

Adam
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Thanks Anthony. Great brewday.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022