Advanced Chemistry of Beer and Brewing Webinar

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

sirjohn

Advanced Chemistry of Beer and Brewing Webinar

Post by sirjohn »

Thought I'd pass this along. I know it's short notice but just got my invite today... sounds like a great way to spend your lunch...

Do you like your beer malty? Hoppy? Smooth? Light? Dark? With over 1,500 professional breweries and many dedicated home brewers, the United States takes the lead in producing this popular alcoholic beverage. Whether you're a seasoned home brewer or just like to go "where everybody knows your name," you don't want to miss Dr. Charlie Bamforth, brewskie extraordinaire and Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting & Brewing Sciences at UC Davis, as he brews up advanced insights and explanations about the chemistry behind beer brewing!

“Advanced Chemistry of Beer and Brewing” A short presentation followed by Q&A with speaker Charles Bamforth, Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting & Brewing Sciences at UC Davis.

What You Will Learn

The chemistry that underpins the quality of beer (foam, color, clarity, flavor).
The chemistry that makes beer the healthiest of drinks.
Differentiate between beers based on their chemistry
And much more…

One lucky attendee will be chosen to win a free, autographed, hardback copy of Charlie’s book, Beer is Proof God Loves Us: Reaching for the Soul of Beer and Brewing!

Webinar Details

Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time: 1:00-2:00 pm CT (corrected time to make it local Dallas time)

Fee: Free

Register Now!

(https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/961101282)
John
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)
sirjohn

Re: Advanced Chemistry of Beer and Brewing Webinar

Post by sirjohn »

Just a reminder that this will start at 1pm central time or in less then a hour...

Thanks,
John
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)